From: Tim X
Subject: Re: RFC ruby quiz, should I keep posting them?
Cesar Rabak <·······@yahoo.com.br> writes:

> marc spitzer escreveu:
>> Well what do you think on the matter?  Should I keep posting
>> them about once a week or so or not?  It did have people commenting on
>> code not each other.  And we have the chance
>> of having ocamel solutions as well, for good or ill.
>>
> I think you should not keep posting them. This is Lisp group and the
> quizzes are intended for other language.
>
> If you are willing to increase the spectrum of languages, them more reason
> for not posting at all.

I don't agree. I think it could be interesting to see how we get different
solutions to various problems and I think there is some benefit in
comparison with other languages.

I'm also not threatened by any comparisons.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au
From: Ken Tilton
Tim X wrote:
> Cesar Rabak <·······@yahoo.com.br> writes:
>

>>marc spitzer escreveu:
>>
>>>Well what do you think on the matter?  Should I keep posting
>>>them about once a week or so or not?  It did have people commenting on
>>>code not each other.  And we have the chance
>>>of having ocamel solutions as well, for good or ill.
>>>

>>I think you should not keep posting them. This is Lisp group and the
>>quizzes are intended for other language.
>>
>>If you are willing to increase the spectrum of languages, them more reason
>>for not posting at all.
>>

> I don't agree. I think it could be interesting to see how we get different
> solutions to various problems and I think there is some benefit in
> comparison with other languages.
>
> I'm also not threatened by any comparisons.

The problem I saw was that the quiz was so tediously tiresomely tedious
get the feeling I'm after here? Otoh, whenever my clients give me
something too hard I post it here and let you yobbos do it for me...
man, that "without-repeating" problem was a beaut and this NG kicked ass
on that, I never would have thought of a circular list! You cannot
imagine how much I billed for that. So I think that is the best source
of exercises for this NG, real live working code, now if only I was not
the only bozo in here Actually Writing Applications...

kzo

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"In the morning, hear the Way;