From: billc
Subject: ALU Wiki - is posting turned off now?
Hi all,

I have been trying to update the Vancouver Lisp User Group meeting
page at the ALU Wiki page at http://wiki.alu.org/lispvan with details
about our latest meeting (I've been able to do this in the past
without any problems). However, although it seems to accept the edits,
they don't actually appear on the page. I've tried multiple times on 3
different days this week. Does anyone know if editing has been turned
off for some reason?

Also, I tried to find an email address for the sysadmin/maintainer of
the ALU wiki but couldn't find one. Does anyone know who looks after
the site?

Thanks,
Bill Clementson

From: Rob Warnock
Subject: Re: ALU Wiki - is posting turned off now?
billc  <········@gmail.com> wrote:
+---------------
| I have been trying to update the Vancouver Lisp User Group meeting
| page at the ALU Wiki page at http://wiki.alu.org/lispvan with details
| about our latest meeting (I've been able to do this in the past
| without any problems). However, although it seems to accept the edits,
| they don't actually appear on the page. I've tried multiple times on 3
| different days this week. Does anyone know if editing has been turned
| off for some reason?
|
| Also, I tried to find an email address for the sysadmin/maintainer of
| the ALU wiki but couldn't find one. Does anyone know who looks after
| the site?
+---------------

The current maintainer is Carl Shapiro. I'll pass your information
on to him.

I do know that there was some problem with the interaction between the
Lisp and database processes a few days ago, and he restarted the latter
and things got better. But there might be something else still wrong...

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Frank Buss
Rob Warnock wrote:

> I do know that there was some problem with the interaction between the
> Lisp and database processes a few days ago, and he restarted the latter
> and things got better. But there might be something else still wrong...

Maybe they should switch to Python. Everybody knows that Lisp is not good
enough for web applications :-)

--
Frank Buss, ··@frank-buss.de
From: billc
On Nov 1, 1:55 am, ····@rpw3.org (Rob Warnock) wrote:
> billc  <········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +---------------
> | I have been trying to update the Vancouver Lisp User Group meeting
> | page at the ALU Wiki page athttp://wiki.alu.org/lispvanwith details
> | about our latest meeting (I've been able to do this in the past
> | without any problems). However, although it seems to accept the edits,
> | they don't actually appear on the page. I've tried multiple times on 3
> | different days this week. Does anyone know if editing has been turned
> | off for some reason?
> |
> | Also, I tried to find an email address for the sysadmin/maintainer of
> | the ALU wiki but couldn't find one. Does anyone know who looks after
> | the site?
> +---------------
>
> The current maintainer is Carl Shapiro. I'll pass your information
> on to him.
>
> I do know that there was some problem with the interaction between the
> Lisp and database processes a few days ago, and he restarted the latter
> and things got better. But there might be something else still wrong...

Looks like somebody did something as I can update the page now.

Thanks!

- Bill
From: Duane Rettig
billc <········@gmail.com> writes:

> On Nov 1, 1:55 am, ····@rpw3.org (Rob Warnock) wrote:
>> billc  <········@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +---------------
>> | I have been trying to update the Vancouver Lisp User Group meeting
>> | page at the ALU Wiki page athttp://wiki.alu.org/lispvanwith details
>> | about our latest meeting (I've been able to do this in the past
>> | without any problems). However, although it seems to accept the edits,
>> | they don't actually appear on the page. I've tried multiple times on 3
>> | different days this week. Does anyone know if editing has been turned
>> | off for some reason?
>> |
>> | Also, I tried to find an email address for the sysadmin/maintainer of
>> | the ALU wiki but couldn't find one. Does anyone know who looks after
>> | the site?
>>
>> The current maintainer is Carl Shapiro. I'll pass your information
>> on to him.
>>
>> I do know that there was some problem with the interaction between the
>> Lisp and database processes a few days ago, and he restarted the latter
>> and things got better. But there might be something else still wrong...
>
> Looks like somebody did something as I can update the page now.
>
> Thanks!

Yes, I alerted Carl yesterday and he fixed some things on the site.