From: namekuseijin
Subject: Re: Lisp is a Write-Only like Perl or Forth
On 29 out, 11:54, Paul Foley <ยทยทยทยท@below.invalid> (http://
public.xdi.org/=pf) wrote:
> read sentence-ending punctuation like ? and ! - makes reading code
> containing those characters in the middle of a "sentence" feel weird.

I'd say (list? something) feels much more natural than (listp
something)...

! is good to alert you there's mutation/side-effects involved...

> nevertheless, Scheme is harder to read, for me, than Lisp)

Lisp is old weenie imperative loopland.

> set!, etc., are freaky names which are in the standard.

how exactly are they any worse than setf, setq and other insanities
there just to cope with the multiple-slot namespace dilemma...