From: billc
Subject: Vancouver Lisp Users Group meeting for October 2007 - Meet Patrick Collison
Hi all,

I've mentioned Patrick on my blog a few times in the past. Well, he's
in town at the moment and this is a good opportunity to catch up with
what he's been doing (sorry for the short notice).

Here's the "official" meeting notice:

Topic: Meet Patrick Collison
Presenter: Patrick Collison
Date: Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
Venue: Think!, 4512 West 10th Ave., Vancouver (see map)
he was a teenager in Ireland. He subsequently won the Irish Young
Scientist of the Year award and won a second-place award at the 17h
European Union Contest for Young Scientists in Moscow. He started
university at MIT in the Fall of 2006 but has "paused" his studies
while he works on a new startup - Auctomatic (a tool for managing eBay
sales/auctions). Auctomatic lists a few well-known names on its
"Technical Infrastructure Team":

    * Paul Buchheit
    * Paul Graham
    * Trevor Blackwell

Join us for a beer and a chance to chat with Patrick. Any updates and
additional links will be in my blog entry: http://bc.tech.coop/blog/071026.html

--
Bill Clementson

From: OMouse
On Oct 26, 4:33 pm, billc <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've mentioned Patrick on my blog a few times in the past. Well, he's
> in town at the moment and this is a good opportunity to catch up with
> what he's been doing (sorry for the short notice).
>
> Here's the "official" meeting notice:
>
> Topic: Meet Patrick Collison
> Presenter: Patrick Collison
> Date: Tuesday, October 30, 2007
> Time: 7pm - 10pm (or whenever)
> Venue: Think!, 4512 West 10th Ave., Vancouver (see map)
> he was a teenager in Ireland. He subsequently won the Irish Young
> Scientist of the Year award and won a second-place award at the 17h
> European Union Contest for Young Scientists in Moscow. He started
> university at MIT in the Fall of 2006 but has "paused" his studies
> while he works on a new startup - Auctomatic (a tool for managing eBay
> sales/auctions). Auctomatic lists a few well-known names on its
> "Technical Infrastructure Team":
>
>     * Paul Buchheit
>     * Paul Graham
>     * Trevor Blackwell
>
> Join us for a beer and a chance to chat with Patrick. Any updates and
> additional links will be in my blog entry:http://bc.tech.coop/blog/071026.html
>
> --
> Bill Clementson

Somewhat related question: Do you know if there's a Toronto Lisp Users
Group?

-Rudolf Olah
From: billc
> Somewhat related question: Do you know if there's a Toronto Lisp Users
> Group?

I believe it's more or less defunct at the moment. However, I spoke to
a guy (forgot his name unfortunately), at the MSLUG meeting in
Montreal last week who was talking about getting one started again.
The ALU page is at:
http://wiki.alu.org/Toronto

- Bill
From: billc
On Oct 29, 3:55 pm, OMouse <······@gmail.com> wrote:
> Somewhat related question: Do you know if there's a Toronto Lisp Users
> Group?

There used to be one (http://wiki.alu.org/Toronto); however, I don't
think they've had any meetings for a while. A guy I spoke to (whose
name I unfortunately don't remember) at the MSLUG meeting in Montreal
said that he was planning to get the Toronto meetings going again. So,
there may be something in the near future.

- Bill