From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Lisp for Agile Teams
Good news: http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/10/lisp-for-agile-teams

--
My website: http://p-cos.net

From: jonathan heusser
Subject: Re: Lisp for Agile Teams
On Oct 25, 8:25 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
> Good news:http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/10/lisp-for-agile-teams

https://archon.paragent.com/main.ucw

They seem to be using UCW :). Looks and feels nice..
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <··············@mid.individual.net>,
 Pascal Costanza <··@p-cos.net> wrote:

> Good news: http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/10/lisp-for-agile-teams

XP (Extreme Programming) in Lisp success story:

http://xpdx.org/files/ExtremeSuccess/
From: namekuseijin
On 25 out, 17:25, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
> Good news:http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/10/lisp-for-agile-teams

"We decided to take a closer look at Lisp as a possible implementation
language for the new server component, along with Ruby/Rails, PHP and
Python... After much deliberation, we decided to give Lisp a go. True
to the promises, we were able to develop and launch the first version
of Paragent in record time with a limited budget."

What does it mean in record time?  Did they develop a version of
Paragent in other languages/tools and compared?

sounds like marketingspeak...
From: Ken Tilton
namekuseijin wrote:
> On 25 out, 17:25, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
>
>>Good news:http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/10/lisp-for-agile-teams
>

> "We decided to take a closer look at Lisp as a possible implementation
> language for the new server component, along with Ruby/Rails, PHP and
> Python... After much deliberation, we decided to give Lisp a go. True
> to the promises, we were able to develop and launch the first version
> of Paragent in record time with a limited budget."
>
> What does it mean in record time?  Did they develop a version of
> Paragent in other languages/tools and compared?
>
> sounds like marketingspeak...

Yeah, reminds me of:

   http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film

kenny

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk
from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."."
                                                   - Bob Uecker
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Oct 25, 9:25 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
> Good news:http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/10/lisp-for-agile-teams
>
> --
> My website:http://p-cos.net
> Common Lisp Document Repository:http://cdr.eurolisp.org
> Closer to MOP & ContextL:http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/

Thanks for the good news Pascal, always pleasure to hear about
software made in (*)lisp.

Slobodan

(*) When I say lisp in this group I mean common lisp for other
meanings I use lisp family of languages.