From: gavino
Subject: The whole point of learning lisp on linux is free software not allegro corportate stuff
The whole idea of using lisp and linux is not buying software from
corporate palces like allegro.  If you are going to BUY software then
you end up down the microsoft oracle road.  The idea is to kick ass
with free software and make money in your own biz by bringing more
functionality to the table for less $$ and less contractual bs.

From: Ken Tilton
gavino wrote:
> The whole idea of using lisp and linux is not buying software from
> corporate palces like allegro.  If you are going to BUY software then
> you end up down the microsoft oracle road.  The idea is to kick ass
> with free software and make money in your own biz by bringing more
> functionality to the table for less $$ and less contractual bs.

I trolled a troll!

How many points do I get?

kzo

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk
from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."."
                                                   - Bob Uecker
From: gavino
On Oct 24, 10:26 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> gavino wrote:
> > The whole idea of using lisp and linux is not buying software from
> > corporate palces like allegro.  If you are going to BUY software then
> > you end up down the microsoft oracle road.  The idea is to kick ass
> > with free software and make money in your own biz by bringing more
> > functionality to the table for less $$ and less contractual bs.
>
> I trolled a troll!
>
> How many points do I get?
>
> kzo
>
> --http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>
> "Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk
> from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."."
>                                                    - Bob Uecker

Well it just seemed raelly wak to reccomend corporate lisp and vista.
From: Ken Tilton
gavino wrote:
> On Oct 24, 10:26 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>gavino wrote:
>>
>>>The whole idea of using lisp and linux is not buying software from
>>>corporate palces like allegro.  If you are going to BUY software then
>>>you end up down the microsoft oracle road.  The idea is to kick ass
>>>with free software and make money in your own biz by bringing more
>>>functionality to the table for less $$ and less contractual bs.
>>
>>I trolled a troll!
>>
>>How many points do I get?
>>
>>kzo
>>
>>--http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>>
>>"Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk
>>from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."."
>>                                                   - Bob Uecker
>

> Well it just seemed raelly wak to reccomend corporate lisp and vista.

I'm going to Disneyland!

OK, you are right, he can still get a new box with XP installed. My bad.

Otherwise, sorry Karl, we are discussing the best way to learn Lisp
(free ACL trial on win32), not the best way to resurrect your six-feet
under commie pinko socioeconomic theory.

kzo

From: Thomas A. Russ
Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> writes:

> gavino wrote:
> > The whole idea of using lisp and linux is not buying software from
> > corporate palces like allegro.  If you are going to BUY software then
> > you end up down the microsoft oracle road.  The idea is to kick ass
> > with free software and make money in your own biz by bringing more
> > functionality to the table for less $$ and less contractual bs.
> >

> I trolled a troll!
>
> How many points do I get?

I'll give you 50.

From: Geoff Wozniak
On Oct 24, 1:26 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> How many points do I get?

I'm guessing 40, possibly 70.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Race_2000#Plot_synopsis
From: llothar
On 25 Okt., 00:15, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> The whole idea of using lisp and linux is not buying software from
> corporate palces like allegro.  If you are going to BUY software then
> you end up down the microsoft oracle road.  The idea is to kick ass
> with free software and make money in your own biz by bringing more
> functionality to the table for less $$ and less contractual bs.

The idea of using lisp and linux is that lisp is not for real world
programming
but for hobbyists and there is no good free lisp system for windows.

Fight trolls with there own weapon.
From: Tim Bradshaw
On Oct 24, 6:15 pm, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> The whole idea of using lisp and linux is not buying software from
> corporate palces like allegro.

So do it then, hippy.