From: gavino
Subject: why did reddit move from lisp to python?
why?

From: Slobodan Blazeski
Subject: Warning potential trollish thread Re: why did reddit move from lisp to python?
On Oct 22, 2:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> why?

Auto response as a result of potential trollish thread:

Please submit your solution to the thread
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/85b070c2602c05f1/9dc5d3f84136d9b7?hl=en#9dc5d3f84136d9b7
to avoid being labeled as troll.

Signature
The management of c.l.l
From: gavino
On Oct 22, 2:20 am, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > why?
>
> Auto response as a result of potential trollish thread:
>
> Please submit your solution to the threadhttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/85...
> to avoid being labeled as troll.
>
> Signature
> The management of c.l.l

??
From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: why did reddit move from lisp to python?
On Oct 22, 10:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> why?

They kept getting elks in the pipework.
From: gavino
On Oct 22, 6:10 am, Tim Bradshaw <··········@tfeb.org> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 10:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > why?
>
> They kept getting elks in the pipework.

This is a reference I can not place...
From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Why did Theory Y Stay With Lisp? Why? [was Re: why did reddit move from lisp to python?]
Why oh why oh why?

gavino wrote:
> why?

Who is going to break it to Gavvy that Froggy has raised the bar on
c.l.l trolling and that he now has to engage in protracted albeit no
more intelligent exchanges and that he has to have a commercial product
to shill as well?

Me, I am sitting pretty, I argue here meaninglessly anyway and should be
on the market soon with:

    http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

kxo

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk
from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."."
                                                   - Bob Uecker
From: gavino
On Oct 22, 5:53 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> Why oh why oh why?
>
> gavino wrote:
> > why?
>
> Who is going to break it to Gavvy that Froggy has raised the bar on
> c.l.l trolling and that he now has to engage in protracted albeit no
> more intelligent exchanges and that he has to have a commercial product
> to shill as well?
>
> Me, I am sitting pretty, I argue here meaninglessly anyway and should be
> on the market soon with:
>
>    http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>
> kxo
>
> --http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>
> "Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk
> from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."."
>                                                    - Bob Uecker

I challenge lisp community to add a lisp interpreter to aolserver.
From: Frank Goenninger DG1SBG
gavino <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> On Oct 22, 5:53 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>> Why oh why oh why?
>>
>> gavino wrote:
>> > why?
>>
>> Who is going to break it to Gavvy that Froggy has raised the bar on
>> c.l.l trolling and that he now has to engage in protracted albeit no
>> more intelligent exchanges and that he has to have a commercial product
>> to shill as well?
>>
>> Me, I am sitting pretty, I argue here meaninglessly anyway and should be
>> on the market soon with:
>>
>>    http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>>
>> kxo
>>
>> --http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>>
>> "Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk
>> from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."."
>>                                                    - Bob Uecker
>
> I challenge lisp community to add a lisp interpreter to aolserver.

The Lisp community challenges gavino to stop posting unrelated
meaningless posts.

--

  Frank Goenninger

  frgo(at)mac(dot)com

  "Don't ask me! I haven't been reading comp.lang.lisp long enough to
  really know ..."
From: Duane Rettig
gavino <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> I challenge lisp community to add a lisp interpreter to aolserver.

Like it or not, since you post here, you are part of the lisp
community.

So - when will you have this aolserver lisp interpreter done for us?

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Oct 24, 7:42 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 5:53 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>

> > Why oh why oh why?
>
> > gavino wrote:
> > > why?
>
> > Who is going to break it to Gavvy that Froggy has raised the bar on
> > c.l.l trolling and that he now has to engage in protracted albeit no
> > more intelligent exchanges and that he has to have a commercial product
> > to shill as well?
>
> > Me, I am sitting pretty, I argue here meaninglessly anyway and should be
> > on the market soon with:
>
> >    http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>
> > kxo
>
> > --http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>
> > "Career highlights? I had two. I got an intentional walk
> > from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets."."
> >                                                    - Bob Uecker
>
> I challenge lisp community to add a lisp interpreter to aolserver.

The lisp community want's t know what could be done with aolserver
that can't be done with  lisp based server as hunchentoot ,
allegroserve, araneida , cl-http etc.
Code must be included in your explanation to show that you know how to
use aolserver and at least one common lisp server at your choice.

Slobodan
From: George Neuner
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 02:04:23 -0700, gavino <·········@gmail.com>
wrote:

>why did reddit move from lisp to python?

Haven't you asked this question before?

George
--
for email reply remove "/" from address
From: gavino
On Oct 22, 8:10 am, George Neuner <·········@/comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 02:04:23 -0700, gavino <·········@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >why did reddit move from lisp to python?
>
> Haven't you asked this question before?
>
> George
> --
> for email reply remove "/" from address

uh, no....I am plowing through the original thread though..
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <························@v29g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
 gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:

> why?

Because Python is way cool. Check it out!
From: Vagif Verdi
On Oct 22, 2:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> why?

Gavino, this is offtopic of course for you, but i'm just curious.
Did you ever right write a single lisp program ?
I'm asking because you are posting to lisp group for quite long time.
From: Ken Tilton
Vagif Verdi wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>why?
>

> Gavino, this is offtopic of course for you, but i'm just curious.
> Did you ever right write a single lisp program ?
> I'm asking because you are posting to lisp group for quite long time.

This is the only place where the denizens are so lonely they respond to
him. Harrop got fooled by that, too, wasted a lot of time here.

kt

From: Leandro Rios
Ken Tilton escribi�:

> This is the only place where the denizens are so lonely they respond to
> him. Harrop got fooled by that, too, wasted a lot of time here.

Can we please stop mentioning him? I fear that he can be summoned just
by the writting of his name.

Leandro
From: Ken Tilton
Leandro Rios wrote:
> Ken Tilton escribi�:
>

>> This is the only place where the denizens are so lonely they respond
>> to him. Harrop got fooled by that, too, wasted a lot of time here.
>>

> Can we please stop mentioning him? I fear that he can be summoned just
> by the writting of his name.

Kenny can mention his name without risk, Harrop does not talk to Kenny.

Besides, Harrop is over on microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp
irritating everyone with his "Future of C#" thread, 62 messages so far
with 13 authors.

<snort> Let's see them match our 382 message/47 author "Flamebait if I
ever saw it" beauty. Those 47 btw were Harrop, four dorks who argued
seriously with His Amphibiousness, and 42 others who tried to get the
four dorks to STFU.

:)

kzo

From: Don Geddis
Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote on Tue, 23 Oct 2007:
> <snort> Let's see them match our 382 message/47 author "Flamebait if I ever
> saw it" beauty. Those 47 btw were Harrop, four dorks who argued seriously
> with His Amphibiousness, and 42 others who tried to get the four dorks to
> STFU.

Wait, wait!  I'm trying to figure out which category I fell in.

I think I argued, but not seriously.

What part of the swamp does that make me?  Dragonfly?  Lily pad?

Please enlighten me, your Kennyness...
Don Geddis                  http://don.geddis.org/               ···@geddis.org
To my daughter Leonora without whose never failing sympathy and encouragement
this book would have been completed in half the time.  -- P.G. Wodehouse
	-- [Pepper's _The Wit and Wisdom of the 20th Century_, p.199, #14]
From: Ken Tilton
Don Geddis wrote:
> Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote on Tue, 23 Oct 2007:
>
>><snort> Let's see them match our 382 message/47 author "Flamebait if I ever
>>saw it" beauty. Those 47 btw were Harrop, four dorks who argued seriously
>>with His Amphibiousness, and 42 others who tried to get the four dorks to
>>STFU.
>

> Wait, wait!  I'm trying to figure out which category I fell in.
>
> I think I argued, but not seriously.

I am hearing "did not inhale". The requirement for membership in the
favored STFU group is derision of other thread participants, not Harrop.

> What part of the swamp does that make me?  Dragonfly?  Lily pad?

I'd love to open a new category for Non-Arguing Arguers, but it's a
slippery slope, isn't it? Next thing you know we'll have a hundred, with
some respondents asking to be slotted in several.

> Please enlighten me, your Kennyness...

We just create the categories, you place(d) yourself.

:)

kenxo

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Oct 22, 3:17 pm, Vagif Verdi <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > why?
>
> Gavino, this is offtopic of course for you, but i'm just curious.
> Did you ever right write a single lisp program ?
> I'm asking because you are posting to lisp group for quite long time.

He wrote full 10 lines of lisp and here's his masterpiece:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.lisp/browse_thread/thread/c1f28bea71c281/ef64fb293e39ca8c?lnk=st&q=slobodan#ef64fb293e39ca8c
After a several years (or decades) he might eventually learn about
such esoteric features like mapcar, dotimes or even defstruct.

cheers
Slobodan
From: gavino
On Oct 22, 3:17 pm, Vagif Verdi <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > why?
>
> Gavino, this is offtopic of course for you, but i'm just curious.
> Did you ever right write a single lisp program ?
> I'm asking because you are posting to lisp group for quite long time.

I am writing some tiny common lisp ones, yes.  Nothing huge yet.
From: Leandro Rios
gavino escribi�:
> On Oct 22, 3:17 pm, Vagif Verdi <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 22, 2:04 am, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> why?
>> Gavino, this is offtopic of course for you, but i'm just curious.
>> Did you ever right write a single lisp program ?
>> I'm asking because you are posting to lisp group for quite long time.
>
> I am writing some tiny common lisp ones, yes.  Nothing huge yet.

Did you finish reading Touretzky yet?

Leandro
From: gavino
On Oct 23, 3:26 pm, Leandro Rios <··················@gmail.com> wrote:
> gavino escribi�:> On Oct 22, 3:17 pm, Vagif Verdi <···········@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Gavino, this is offtopic of course for you, but i'm just curious.
> >> Did you ever right write a single lisp program ?
> >> I'm asking because you are posting to lisp group for quite long time.
>
> > I am writing some tiny common lisp ones, yes.  Nothing huge yet.
>
> Did you finish reading Touretzky yet?
>
> Leandro

I am reading ansi common lisp by Graham instead.
From: Stefan Scholl
gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> why?

They didn't knew O'Caml back then ...
From: Ken Tilton
j.oke wrote:
> On 22 Ott, 11:04, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>why?
>

> You're wasting letters. Next time simply write:
>
> Y?

chatty, chatty, chatty... what's wrong with a blank message?

> (which also _combines_ better).

That would have been /PUN/nier if you had not *underscored* the humor.

hth, kenny

From: Stefan Scholl
gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> why?

No crazy frog back then ...
From: gavino
On Oct 22, 5:00 am, "j.oke" <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 Ott, 11:04, gavino <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > why?
>
> All of your future questions are already answered somewhere in here:
>
> Half lost on my firmness gains to more glad heart,
> Or violent and from forage drives
> A glimmering of all sun new begun
> Both harp thy discourse they march'd,
> Forth my early, is not without delay;
> For their soft with whirlwind; and balm.
> Undoubtedly he scornful turn'd round ninefold,
> Though doubled now what redounds,
> And chains these a lower world devote, yet inflicted?
> Till body or rare, and best things else enjoy'd in heav'n
> To stand divided light at ev'n and poise their eyes,
> Or nourish, lik'ning spiritual, I have thou appear.
>
> -Henley

hm, nice but not very good on topic
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Aj_rVWb20