From: Jimmy
Subject: ASDF-install with SBCL on Windows
(Also sent this to sbcl-help, but I figured I would get a faster
response here)

I'm trying to use ASDF-install on the Windows XP version of SBCL like
so:

(asdf-install:install 'clx)

Every time I try to install CLX, right after SBCL says that it is
going to install to site-systems, the following error comes up:

debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR:
 #<SB-IMPL::STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM {AC19949}> is closed.

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
 0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SB-KERNEL:CLOSED-FLAME #<SB-IMPL::STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM {AC19949}>)
0]

The STRING-OUTPUT-STREAM number is always different, but the general
error is always the same.

Does anyone know what would cause this?

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: ASDF-install with SBCL on Windows
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 20:54:41 -0000, Jimmy <··············@gmail.com> wrote:

> (Also sent this to sbcl-help, but I figured I would get a faster
> response here)

Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Jimmy
On Oct 18, 5:11 pm, Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> wrote:

I'll post on asdf-install-devel as well, but this seems to be more of
an SBCL problem than an ASDF problem; nothing in the error mentions
ASDF or asdf-install.