From: ···@podval.org
Subject: GNU CLISP 2.42 (2007-10-16) released
ANSI Common Lisp is a high-level, general-purpose programming
language.
GNU CLISP is a Common Lisp implementation by Bruno Haible of Karlsruhe
University and Michael Stoll of Munich University, both in Germany.
It mostly supports the Lisp described in the ANSI Common Lisp
standard.
It runs on most GNU and Unix systems (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD,
OpenBSD,
Solaris, Tru64, HP-UX, BeOS, NeXTstep, IRIX, AIX and others) and on
other systems (Windows NT/2000/XP, Windows 95/98/ME) and needs only
4 MB of RAM.
It is Free Software and may be distributed under the terms of GNU GPL,
while it is possible to distribute commercial proprietary applications
compiled with GNU CLISP.
The user interface comes in English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch,
Russian and Danish, and can be changed at run time.
GNU CLISP includes an interpreter, a compiler, a debugger, CLOS, MOP,
a foreign language interface, a socket interface, i18n, fast bignums
and more.
An X11 interface is available through CLX, Garnet, CLUE/CLIO.
GNU CLISP runs Maxima, ACL2 and many other Common Lisp packages.

More information at
  <http://clisp.cons.org/>,
  <http://www.clisp.org/>,
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/clisp/> and
  <http://clisp.sourceforge.net/>.
Sources and selected binaries are available by anonymous ftp from
  <ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/clisp/>
and its mirrors.

User visible changes
--------------------

* New module gtk2 interfaces to GTK+ v2 and makes it possible to build
  GUI with Glade.
  Thanks to James Bailey <···········@gmail.com> for the original
code.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/gtk.html> for details.

* New module gdbm interfaces to GNU DataBase Manager.
  Thanks to Masayuki Onjo <·············@gmail.com>.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/gdbm.html> for details.

* A kind of Meta-Object Protocol for structures is now available.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/defstruct-mop.html> for details.

* Module libsvm has been upgraded to the upstream version 2.84.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/libsvm.html> for details.

* NEW-CLX module now supports Stumpwm <http://www.nongnu.org/stumpwm/
>.
  Thanks to Shawn Betts <·······@vcn.bc.ca>.
  New NEW-CLX demos: bball bwindow greynetic hanoi petal plaid
recurrence from
  <http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/project/ai-repository/ai/lang/lisp/gui/
clx/clx_demo.cl>.
  New NEW-CLX demo: clclock based on <http://common-lisp.net/~crhodes/
clx>.
  New function XLIB:OPEN-DEFAULT-DISPLAY from portable CLX.

* Function EXT:ARGLIST now works on macros too.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/flow-dict.html#arglist> for
details.

* Macro TRACE has a new option :BINDINGS, which is useful to share
data
  between PRE-* and POST-* forms.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/environment-dict.html#trace> for details.

* Macro FFI:DEF-C-TYPE can now be called with one argument to define
an
  integer type.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/dffi.html#def-c-type> for
details.

* New function EXT:RENAME-DIR can be used to rename directories.
  See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/file-dict.html#rename-dir> for
details.

* Functions FILE-LENGTH and FILE-POSITION now work on unbuffered
streams too.
  See  <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/stream-dict.html#file-pos> for
details.

* Bug fixes:
  + Fixed EXT:LETF to work with more than one place. [ 1731462 ]
  + Fixed rounding of long floats [even+1/2]. [ 1589311 ]
  + Fixed stdio when running without a TTY, e.g., under SSH.
[ 1592343 ]
  + ANSI compliance: PPRINT dispatch is now respected for nested
    objects, not just the top-level. [ 1483768, 1598053 ]
  + Fixed print-read-consistency of strings containing #\Return
characters
    (manifested by COMPILE-FILE). [ 1578179 ]
  + Fixed "clisp-link run". [ 1469663 ]
  + Fixed ATANH branch cut continuity. [ 1436987 ]
  + Reset the function lambda expression when loading a compiled file.
    [ 1603260 ]
  + DOCUMENTATION set by SETF is now preserved by COMPILE. [ 1604579 ]
  + LISTEN now calls STREAM-LISTEN as per the Gray proposal.
[ 1607666 ]
  + IMPORT into the KEYWORD package does not make a symbol a constant
    variable. [ 1612859 ]
  + DEFPACKAGE code was executed during non top-level compilation.
[ 1612313 ]
  + Fixed format error message formatting. [ 1482465 ]
  + Fixed *PPRINT-FIRST-NEWLINE* handling. [ 1412454 ]
  + Improved hash code generation for very large bignums and for long
lists.
    [ 948868, 1208124 ]
  + Some bugs related to UNICODE-16 & UNICODE-32. [ 1564818, 1631760,
1632718 ]
  + All exported defined symbols are now properly locked. [ 1713130 ]
  + Berkeley-DB module no longer fills up error log file. [ 1779416 ]
  + New-clx now supports 64-bit KeySym. [ 1797132 ]

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: GNU CLISP 2.42 (2007-10-16) released
···@podval.org writes:

> * Function EXT:ARGLIST now works on macros too.
>   See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/flow-dict.html#arglist> for
> details.

(I can't find any information about EXT:ARGLIST on that page.)

What is the reason that required arglist variables of functions in
#<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> and #<PACKAGE EXT> seem to be gensyms? This is
one of the most annoying things when using Clisp together with Slime.

  -T.
From: ·············@gmail.com
On Oct 16, 6:28 pm, "Tobias C. Rittweiler" <····@freebits.de.invalid>
wrote:
> ····@podval.org writes:
> > * Function EXT:ARGLIST now works on macros too.
> >   See <http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/flow-dict.html#arglist> for
> > details.
>
> (I can't find any information about EXT:ARGLIST on that page.)

try search. it's right there.

> What is the reason that required arglist variables of functions in
> #<PACKAGE COMMON-LISP> and #<PACKAGE EXT> seem to be gensyms? This is
> one of the most annoying things when using Clisp together with Slime.

CLISP does not keep the names of the optional and required arguments,
in compiled functions, just their numbers, so when the arglist is
needed,
gensyms are generated.