From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Common Lisp mentioned in a meaningless press blurb...
 From
http://www.pr-inside.com/oredale-com-now-offers-simple-fast-and-r249003.htm
:

"OreDale is a privately owned enterprise created by two IT experts -
Gregory Ansari and Ivan Petrichenko. OreDale successfully operates in
the web development niche, creating new projects based on
J2EE/J2SE/J2ME/JSP/Servlets, C, C++, Common Lisp, PHP, Python and nearly
any other development platform in existence. OreDale is also able to do
maintenance of existing projects, including complex scalability problems
solving and disaster recovery."

Hmm...

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Oct 16, 3:41 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
>  Fromhttp://www.pr-inside.com/oredale-com-now-offers-simple-fast-and-r2490...
> :
>
> "OreDale is a privately owned enterprise created by two IT experts -
> Gregory Ansari and Ivan Petrichenko. OreDale successfully operates in
> the web development niche, creating new projects based on
> J2EE/J2SE/J2ME/JSP/Servlets, C, C++, Common Lisp, PHP, Python and nearly
> any other development platform in existence. OreDale is also able to do
> maintenance of existing projects, including complex scalability problems
> solving and disaster recovery."
>
> Hmm...
>
> Pascal
>
> --
> My website:http://p-cos.net
> Common Lisp Document Repository:http://cdr.eurolisp.org
> Closer to MOP & ContextL:http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/

It sounds more like an ahh Common Lisp , yes we know it too, but never
mind first they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight
you, then you win.

Slobodan Blazeski
From: Paul  Nakata
On Oct 16, 6:41 am, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
>  Fromhttp://www.pr-inside.com/oredale-com-now-offers-simple-fast-and-r2490...
> :
>
> "OreDale is a privately owned enterprise created by two IT experts -
> Gregory Ansari and Ivan Petrichenko. OreDale successfully operates in
> the web development niche, creating new projects based on
> J2EE/J2SE/J2ME/JSP/Servlets, C, C++, Common Lisp, PHP, Python and nearly
> any other development platform in existence. OreDale is also able to do
> maintenance of existing projects, including complex scalability problems
> solving and disaster recovery."
>
> Hmm...
>
> Pascal
>
> --
> My website:http://p-cos.net
> Common Lisp Document Repository:http://cdr.eurolisp.org
> Closer to MOP & ContextL:http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/

I smell something stinky here. It reminds me of when I get resumes
from applicants who list every language they've ever heard of in their
skills section, knowing that they'll almost never get called out on it.
From: ········@gmail.com
Hmm... guys.
I, Ivan and our programmers do have hands-on experience with CL and
Scheme.
Though there were no even requests for quote for projects to be
implemented in any Lisp dialect, we keep watching the lisp-related
stuff (especially regarding web development and orthogonal
persistence) closely, as we still hope the taboo on Lisp for
commercial projects will sooner or later be at last lifted.
And no, we did not list all the languages we ever heard about, not
even all the languages we have coded in.
I'm really shocked to see several people being surprised by the
commercial software house listing CL as one of the base technologies
to use. We're doing our best to at least try to promote CL as viable
and superior general-purpose development platform. That's the only
reason why we included it in the list. And the person responsible for
the PR just copy/pasted the company technical summary.
Why would anyone question our knowledge based on vague assumptions?
"Judge Not, Least Ye Be Judged Yourself" :)
Thanks.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Oct 17, 7:40 am, ········@gmail.com wrote:
> Hmm... guys.
> I, Ivan and our programmers do have hands-on experience with CL and
> Scheme.
> Though there were no even requests for quote for projects to be
> implemented in any Lisp dialect, we keep watching the lisp-related
> stuff (especially regarding web development and orthogonal
> persistence) closely, as we still hope the taboo on Lisp for
> commercial projects will sooner or later be at last lifted.
> And no, we did not list all the languages we ever heard about, not
> even all the languages we have coded in.
> I'm really shocked to see several people being surprised by the
> commercial software house listing CL as one of the base technologies
> to use. We're doing our best to at least try to promote CL as viable
> and superior general-purpose development platform. That's the only
> reason why we included it in the list. And the person responsible for
> the PR just copy/pasted the company technical summary.
> Why would anyone question our knowledge based on vague assumptions?
> "Judge Not, Least Ye Be Judged Yourself" :)
> Thanks.

Sorry if my reply sound little harsh. I searched your website
(actually blogs) and didn't found anything mentioning lisp beside that
post. Anyway good luck with your business , hope you would make some
lisp product or service someday. Lisp success stories are something I
like to hear.

Slobodan Blazeski
From: Pascal Costanza
········@gmail.com wrote:
> Hmm... guys.
> I, Ivan and our programmers do have hands-on experience with CL and
> Scheme.
> Though there were no even requests for quote for projects to be
> implemented in any Lisp dialect, we keep watching the lisp-related
> stuff (especially regarding web development and orthogonal
> persistence) closely, as we still hope the taboo on Lisp for
> commercial projects will sooner or later be at last lifted.
> And no, we did not list all the languages we ever heard about, not
> even all the languages we have coded in.
> I'm really shocked to see several people being surprised by the
> commercial software house listing CL as one of the base technologies
> to use. We're doing our best to at least try to promote CL as viable
> and superior general-purpose development platform. That's the only
> reason why we included it in the list. And the person responsible for
> the PR just copy/pasted the company technical summary.
> Why would anyone question our knowledge based on vague assumptions?

The list starts with "J2EE/J2SE/J2ME/JSP/Servlets", which is probably
there to satisfy customers looking for mainstream solutions. The part
"and nearly any other development platform in existence" sounds fishy,
or at least unrealistic. (That's my subjective impression, nothing more,
nothing less.)

I was surprised that Common Lisp is mentioned in such a list. It is
surprising because it potentially indicates a shift in perception: While
companies tended to hide the fact that they are using Common Lisp, you
seem to think that it's good advertisement to mention it. The rest of
the list mentions only languages which are typically considered much
more popular.

The surprise is in the way in which this indicates an increasing
popularity of Lisp.

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: ······@opensourcetechnologies.net

From: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-eclipse-lispcusp/?ca=dgr-lnxw07LispCuspEclipse&S_TACT=105AGX59&S_CMP=GR

"Using Lisp, you can develop all sorts of applications, including Web
applications. Lisp is the second oldest programming language still
used widely today (after Fortran) and is known as the first functional
language. The creation of Lisp began in the late 1950s and was first
implemented in 1958 by the MIT Artificial Intelligence (AI) Project.
Its strength is in the processing of lists: AI and symbol
mathematics."

Good to see IBM "people" writing about Lisp.

--
Pedro Perez