From: __Mario__
Subject: Any recent concurrent Lisp development ?
Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone knows about any actual work going on on in
respect to a
concurrent aka parallel Common Lisp version. I now there is actually
some Scheme work
going on (termite, atomscheme, ...) and I know about the StarLisp,
QLisp, Multilisp work
and a colleague pointed me to Curare and Parcel but everything is pretty
outdated
(means: more or less no working version) and some of the old versions
are targetting
massive parallel systems.

I'm looking more into the domain of multicore systems or maybe related to
transactual memory and if there is actually some code to look at or play
with.

Thanks in advance

-- Mario

From: Slobodan Blazeski
Subject: Re: Any recent concurrent Lisp development ?
On Oct 7, 5:22 pm, __Mario__ <········@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if anyone knows about any actual work going on on in
> respect to a
> concurrent aka parallel Common Lisp version. I now there is actually
> some Scheme work
> going on (termite, atomscheme, ...) and I know about the StarLisp,
> QLisp, Multilisp work
> and a colleague pointed me to Curare and Parcel but everything is pretty
> outdated
> (means: more or less no working version) and some of the old versions
> are targetting
> massive parallel systems.
>
> I'm looking more into the domain of multicore systems or maybe related to
> transactual memory and if there is actually some code to look at or play
> with.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -- Mario

Termite is Erlang like concurrency, with some scheme features ( like
continuations)  built on top of Gambit actor threading, no multicores
support, you have to start  multiple gambits. Something like cl-
muproc.
Scieneer from the vendors and I think SBCL on unices are the only one
who could do SMP with Common lisp.
I don't have more knowledge for the domain you're interested.

Slobodan
From: Edi Weitz
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:54:01 -0000, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> Scieneer from the vendors and I think SBCL on unices are the only
> one who could do SMP with Common lisp.

OpenMCL and Corman Lisp as well AFAIK.

Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Mark H.
On Oct 7, 8:22 am, __Mario__ <········@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask if anyone knows about any actual work going on on in
> respect to a
> concurrent aka parallel Common Lisp version. I now there is actually
> some Scheme work
> going on (termite, atomscheme, ...) and I know about the StarLisp,
> QLisp, Multilisp work
> and a colleague pointed me to Curare and Parcel but everything is pretty
> outdated
> (means: more or less no working version) and some of the old versions
> are targetting
> massive parallel systems.
>
> I'm looking more into the domain of multicore systems or maybe related to
> transactual memory and if there is actually some code to look at or play
> with.

Check out Clojure (sp?) which is a recent concurrent Lisp dialect
built on the JVM, with transactional memory.

mfh