From: Zach Beane
Subject: Announcing Vecto: simple vector drawing with Common Lisp
Vecto is a simplified interface to the powerful CL-VECTORS vector
rasterization library. It presents a function-oriented interface
similar to CL-PDF, but the results can be saved to a PNG instead of
a PDF file. Since Vecto and all supporting libraries are written
completely in Common Lisp, without depending on external non-Lisp
libraries, it should work in any Common Lisp environment.

http://www.xach.com/lisp/vecto/

Enjoy!

Zach

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Oct 1, 10:54 pm, Zach Beane <····@xach.com> wrote:
> Vecto is a simplified interface to the powerful CL-VECTORS vector
> rasterization library. It presents a function-oriented interface
> similar to CL-PDF, but the results can be saved to a PNG instead of
> a PDF file. Since Vecto and all supporting libraries are written
> completely in Common Lisp, without depending on external non-Lisp
> libraries, it should work in any Common Lisp environment.
>
> http://www.xach.com/lisp/vecto/
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Zach

Thanks Zach.  I might find it usefull for making user/password script
guard
and maybe even for watermarking as an antiphishing measure.

Slobodan
From: Zach Beane
Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Zach.  I might find it usefull for making user/password script
> guard
> and maybe even for watermarking as an antiphishing measure.

It does not yet support loading and using existing images, but here's
an example captcha program:

  http://paste.lisp.org/display/48412

Zach
From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
Hi Zach,

Great stuff!

I haven't read the API thoroughly, but is there a way to save that image
to memory, rather than file (for example in "(simple-array
(unsigned-byte 8) *)".

I've put some little application that would have image generated by
VECTO on the left, editor on the RIGHT, and console on the bottom.

So you can code, and experiment at the same time (kind of like
Processing (processing.org)).

Thanks,
Dimiter "malkia" Stanev.

From: Zach Beane
"Dimiter \"malkia\" Stanev" <······@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Zach,
>
> Great stuff!
>
> I haven't read the API thoroughly, but is there a way to save that
> image to memory, rather than file (for example in "(simple-array
> (unsigned-byte 8) *)".
>
> I've put some little application that would have image generated by
> VECTO on the left, editor on the RIGHT, and console on the bottom.
>
> So you can code, and experiment at the same time (kind of like
> Processing (processing.org)).

Right now the internal representation of the canvas isn't exposed in
any way, and it's a bit in flux. For example, I'm experimenting with
switching to premultiplied alpha for all drawing operations, so even
if there was a function to access the data, it might not remain in the
same format for very long.

With that in mind, (vecto::image-data *graphics-state*) will currently
give you a (unsigned-byte 8) vector in R,G,B,A,R,G,B,A... format.

Zach
From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
> With that in mind, (vecto::image-data *graphics-state*) will currently
> give you a (unsigned-byte 8) vector in R,G,B,A,R,G,B,A... format.

Thank, I'll try that!
From: Luke Crook
On Oct 2, 5:33 pm, "Dimiter \"malkia\" Stanev" <······@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > With that in mind, (vecto::image-data *graphics-state*) will currently
> > give you a (unsigned-byte 8) vector in R,G,B,A,R,G,B,A... format.
>
> Thank, I'll try that!

I wrote a function to copy the raw Vecto image data to a lispbuilder-
sdl surface.

http://lispbuilder.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lispbuilder/trunk/lispbuilder-sdl/glue-vecto/glue-vecto.lisp?revision=616&view=markup

- Luke