From: Brian Connoy
Subject: Re: Toronto Lisp User Group?
<····································@b15g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
OMouse<······@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to know just where the heck are the Toronto Lisp users and
> who would be interested in starting a Toronto Lisp User Group.
>
> Suggestions for what should be done for a first meeting, and when, are
> very welcome. Bill C. has given a few:
> http://bc.tech.coop/blog/071030.html
>
> Patiently waiting,
> Rudolf O.

> Brian Connoy<·······@morrisonhershfield.com> 11/30/2007 1:47 PM
>
> Nice, I'll be there. Haven't mastered LISP well enough to contribute much
> ... but I can drink.
>
> Brian C.

Hiya Rudolf,

What time did you have in mind?

Brian C.

From: OMouse
On Nov 30, 4:08 pm, "Brian Connoy" <·······@morrisonhershfield.com>
wrote:

> <····································@b15g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>

> OMouse<······@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to know just where the heck are the Toronto Lisp users and
> > who would be interested in starting a Toronto Lisp User Group.
>
> > Suggestions for what should be done for a first meeting, and when, are
> > very welcome. Bill C. has given a few:
> >http://bc.tech.coop/blog/071030.html
>
> > Patiently waiting,
> > Rudolf O.
> > Brian Connoy<·······@morrisonhershfield.com> 11/30/2007 1:47 PM
>
> > Nice, I'll be there. Haven't mastered LISP well enough to contribute much
> > ... but I can drink.
>
> > Brian C.
>
> Hiya Rudolf,
>
> What time did you have in mind?
>
> Brian C.

After 6pm, Details are here: http://programming.reddit.com/info/617hs/comments/c02ihjq

I'll be posting up a single-page with more info later.

-Rudolf
From: OMouse
On Dec 1, 1:36 pm, OMouse <······@gmail.com> wrote:

> > <····································@b15g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>
> > OMouse<······@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I'd like to know just where the heck are the Toronto Lisp users and
> > > who would be interested in starting a Toronto Lisp User Group.
>
> > > Suggestions for what should be done for a first meeting, and when, are
> > > very welcome. Bill C. has given a few:
> > >http://bc.tech.coop/blog/071030.html
>
> > > Patiently waiting,
> > > Rudolf O.
> > > Brian Connoy<·······@morrisonhershfield.com> 11/30/2007 1:47 PM
>
> > > Nice, I'll be there. Haven't mastered LISP well enough to contribute much
> > > ... but I can drink.
>
> > > Brian C.
>
> > Hiya Rudolf,
>
> > What time did you have in mind?
>
> > Brian C.
>
> After 6pm, Details are here:http://programming.reddit.com/info/617hs/comments/c02ihjq
>
> I'll be posting up a single-page with more info later.
>
> -Rudolf

There is now a website with the information up at: http://www.neverfriday.com/lisp.html

I'll be posting up some flyers at a computer lab or two and down at
LinuxCaffe. The more the merrier as they say!

-Rudolf
From: Bob Hutchison
On 2007-12-01 14:26:44 -0500, OMouse <······@gmail.com> said:

> There is now a website with the information up at:
> http://www.neverfriday.com/lisp.html
>
> I'll be posting up some flyers at a computer lab or two and down at
> LinuxCaffe. The more the merrier as they say!

Unfortunately, I'll not be able to make it this time. Conflicts, unless
there is a blizzard in which case I'll be there :-)

We tried this once before in Toronto by the way. Bill Clementson
organised the first meeting. The subsequent meetings were a bit formal
if I recall, retiring to a restaurant afterwards. It all kind of
petered out. The attendees were from the greater-greater Toronto area
and it became very difficult to get enough people to come out at any
particular meeting. The venue we were using (at UoT) was becomming
difficult to book. No particularly good reasons, but... I'll send that
link to the people whose email address I still have.

This is a great idea Rudolf, keep at it!

Cheers,
Bob

From: Paul Tarvydas
> On 2007-12-01 14:26:44 -0500, OMouse <······@gmail.com> said:
>>
>> There is now a website with the information up at:
>> http://www.neverfriday.com/lisp.html

Thanks, I've pencilled it in, if nothing comes up, I'll try to be there.

pt