From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Old switcher
http://wiki.alu.org:80/Daniel_Weinreb's_Road_to_Lisp

Update from today.

All these old guys? Aren't there any young?
(Don't forget to add yourself:
  http://wiki.alu.org:80/The_Road_To_Lisp_Survey )

Okay, he got quite far in his studies of Lisp. ;-)
Co-Designer of Common Lisp. I think that counts. ;-)

Plus we got two numbers: business tier of the new
airline reservation system is 500kLOC Lisp they have
and 65 people developing in Common Lisp.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/

From: Jason
Subject: Re: Old switcher
On Nov 23, 7:36 am, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> http://wiki.alu.org:80/Daniel_Weinreb's_Road_to_Lisp
>
> Update from today.
>
> All these old guys? Aren't there any young?
> (Don't forget to add yourself:
>  http://wiki.alu.org:80/The_Road_To_Lisp_Survey)
>
> Okay, he got quite far in his studies of Lisp. ;-)
> Co-Designer of Common Lisp. I think that counts. ;-)
>
> Plus we got two numbers: business tier of the new
> airline reservation system is 500kLOC Lisp they have
> and 65 people developing in Common Lisp.
>
> --http://lispm.dyndns.org/

Gotta luv bandwagons!

http://wiki.alu.org/Jason_Meade's_Road_to_List
From: Albert Krewinkel
Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:
> Update from today.
>
> All these old guys? Aren't there any young?
> (Don't forget to add yourself:
>   http://wiki.alu.org:80/The_Road_To_Lisp_Survey )

What happened? My RtL has vanished (switch date 2006). Is the current
state just a very old backup?

> Plus we got two numbers: business tier of the new
> airline reservation system is 500kLOC Lisp they have
> and 65 people developing in Common Lisp.

Now that's impressive. I wonder if there are any special 'best
practices' that have to be followed in such a big group. Most other Lisp
developer groups I heard of are not bigger than 5-6 persons. Is there
any information available on the net?

Cheers

--
Albert Krewinkel
From: Geoff Wozniak
On Nov 23, 1:42 pm, Albert Krewinkel <·········@gmx.net> wrote:
> What happened? My RtL has vanished (switch date 2006). Is the current
> state just a very old backup?

For the record, mine is gone as well.  I won't be upset writing
another one, but I'd rather not.
From: Rob Warnock
Geoff Wozniak  <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
+---------------
| 1:42 pm, Albert Krewinkel <·········@gmx.net> wrote:
| > What happened? My RtL has vanished (switch date 2006).
|
| For the record, mine is gone as well.
+---------------

Actually, yours is still there, too, I just checked:

    http://wiki.alu.org/Geoff_Wozniak's_Road_to_Lisp

Hmmm... But neither yours nor Albert's can be found by searching,
nor are either of you listed on the main RtL page:

    http://wiki.alu.org/The_Road_to_Lisp_Survey

Weird. I shall report this to the maintainer(s)...

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Rob Warnock
Albert Krewinkel  <·········@gmx.net> wrote:
+---------------
| > (Don't forget to add yourself:
| >   http://wiki.alu.org:80/The_Road_To_Lisp_Survey )
|
| What happened? My RtL has vanished (switch date 2006).
+---------------

It's still there, accessible as either of these:

    http://wiki.alu.org/Albert%20Krewinkel's%20Road%20to%20Lisp
    http://wiki.alu.org/Albert_Krewinkel's_Road_to_Lisp

and it's still the first entry in:

    http://wiki.alu.org/Switch_Date_2006

| Is the current state just a very old backup?

Database burp, maybe? Been getting a lot of those laterly...

-Rob

-----