From: ·······@gmail.com
Subject: Slime wont start
Looking for some help with slime. M-x slime gives the following
message in the minibuffer: "Searching for program: no such file or
directory, lisp.
my .emacs code for slime:
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/slime/") ; my slime directory
(require 'slime)
(setq infererior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/sbcl/")
(slime-setup)

Other info...running sbcl directly from the command line starts sbcl.
If I issue the command (require 'slime)M-x M-e I get the answer
'slime' in the minibuffer. I tried googling this issue but couldn't
find much. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or how I can
troubleshoot the "Searching for ... " message?

From: Sohail Somani
Subject: Re: Slime wont start
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:47:06 -0800, ·······@gmail.com wrote:

> my .emacs code for slime:
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/slime/") ; my slime directory
> (require 'slime)
> (setq infererior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/sbcl/") (slime-setup)

You have a trailing slash and spelt inferior wrong.

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com
From: ·······@gmail.com
On Nov 21, 12:49 pm, Sohail Somani <······@taggedtype.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:47:06 -0800, ·······@gmail.com wrote:
> > my .emacs code for slime:
> > (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/slime/") ; my slime directory
> > (require 'slime)
> > (setq infererior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/sbcl/") (slime-setup)
>
> You have a trailing slash and spelt inferior wrong.
>
> --
> Sohail Somanihttp://uint32t.blogspot.com

D'oh. Thank you.
From: Tim X
········@gmail.com" <·······@gmail.com> writes:

> Looking for some help with slime. M-x slime gives the following
> message in the minibuffer: "Searching for program: no such file or
> directory, lisp.
> my .emacs code for slime:
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/slime/") ; my slime directory
> (require 'slime)
> (setq infererior-lisp-program "/usr/local/bin/sbcl/")
> (slime-setup)
>
> Other info...running sbcl directly from the command line starts sbcl.
> If I issue the command (require 'slime)M-x M-e I get the answer
> 'slime' in the minibuffer. I tried googling this issue but couldn't
> find much. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or how I can
> troubleshoot the "Searching for ... " message?

You have a '/' in your setting of the lisp interpreter - possibly making it
look like a directory rather than a path to the executable. Try removing
that last slash and just have "/usr/local/bin/sbcl"
--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au