From: Slobodan Blazeski
Subject: Would someone that's using slime + sbcl + linux share their .emacs 	file?
I found quite of customization files on the web but most of them are
Mac,  use nonstandard keyboards, too complex ...
If anybody using slime+ sbcl+linux is willing to post their .emacs
file I would be very grateful.

thanks
Slobodan

From: Petter Gustad
Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:

> I found quite of customization files on the web but most of them are
> Mac,  use nonstandard keyboards, too complex ...
> If anybody using slime+ sbcl+linux is willing to post their .emacs
> file I would be very grateful.

I think this should do it:

(setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"))
(require 'slime)
(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
            (lambda ()
              (slime-mode t)
              (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)))
(add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode t)))

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Nov 17, 2:44 pm, Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> wrote:
> Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:
> > I found quite of customization files on the web but most of them are
> > Mac,  use nonstandard keyboards, too complex ...
> > If anybody using slime+ sbcl+linux is willing to post their .emacs
> > file I would be very grateful.
>
> I think this should do it:
>
> (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"))
> (require 'slime)
> (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
>             (lambda ()
>               (slime-mode t)
>               (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)))
> (add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode t)))
>
> Petter
> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Petter  I'm already using SLIME, I'm trying to *steal* some more
tricks.
Below is my .emacs. Here are some things I would like to have:
1. Automatically adding closing paren once I type (
2. Automatic indentation in teh lisp file buffer as I type, like in
the listener.
3. Map [ and ] to ( & ) respectevily
4. Shortcut for seeing the all the available slime buffers with
ability to pick one with typing one letter

Slobodan

(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/bobi/slime/")
(require 'slime)

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (slime-mode t)))
(add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode
t)))

(setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"
      lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function
      slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol
      common-lisp-hyperspec-root "/home/bobi/lisp/HyperSpec-7-0/
HyperSpec/"
      slime-startup-animation nil)

(require 'mic-paren)

(paren-activate)

(setf paren-priority 'close)

(define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-=") (lambda () (interactive)
(insert "(")))
(define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-\\") (lambda () (interactive)
(insert ")")))
(slime-setup); :autodoc t :record-changed-definitions t)
From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
 Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2:44 pm, Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> wrote:
> > Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:
> > > I found quite of customization files on the web but most of them are
> > > Mac,  use nonstandard keyboards, too complex ...
> > > If anybody using slime+ sbcl+linux is willing to post their .emacs
> > > file I would be very grateful.
> >
> > I think this should do it:
> >
> > (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"))
> > (require 'slime)
> > (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
> >             (lambda ()
> >               (slime-mode t)
> >               (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)))
> > (add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode t)))
> >
> > Petter
> > --
> > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> > A: Top-posting.
> > Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
>
> Petter  I'm already using SLIME, I'm trying to *steal* some more
> tricks.
> Below is my .emacs. Here are some things I would like to have:
> 1. Automatically adding closing paren once I type (
> 2. Automatic indentation in teh lisp file buffer as I type, like in
> the listener.
> 3. Map [ and ] to ( & ) respectevily
> 4. Shortcut for seeing the all the available slime buffers with
> ability to pick one with typing one letter
>
> Slobodan
>

> (add-to-list 'load-path "/home/bobi/slime/")
> (require 'slime)
>
> (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (slime-mode t)))
> (add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode
> t)))
>
> (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"
>       lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function
>       slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol
>       common-lisp-hyperspec-root "/home/bobi/lisp/HyperSpec-7-0/
> HyperSpec/"
>       slime-startup-animation nil)
>
> (require 'mic-paren)
>
> (paren-activate)
>
> (setf paren-priority 'close)
>
> (define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-=") (lambda () (interactive)
> (insert "(")))
> (define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-\\") (lambda () (interactive)
> (insert ")")))
> (slime-setup); :autodoc t :record-changed-definitions t)

Did you look for Paredit and Redshank?

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Nov 17, 2:29 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> In article
> <····································@n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
>  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I think this should do it:
>
> > > (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"))
> > > (require 'slime)
> > > (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
> > >             (lambda ()
> > >               (slime-mode t)
> > >               (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)))
> > > (add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode t)))
>
> > > Petter
> > > --
> > > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> > > A: Top-posting.
> > > Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
>
> > Petter  I'm already using SLIME, I'm trying to *steal* some more
> > tricks.
> > Below is my .emacs. Here are some things I would like to have:
> > 1. Automatically adding closing paren once I type (
> > 2. Automatic indentation in teh lisp file buffer as I type, like in
> > the listener.
> > 3. Map [ and ] to ( & ) respectevily
> > 4. Shortcut for seeing the all the available slime buffers with
> > ability to pick one with typing one letter
>
> > Slobodan
>
> > (add-to-list 'load-path "/home/bobi/slime/")
> > (require 'slime)
>
> > (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (slime-mode t)))
> > (add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode
> > t)))
>
> > (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"
> >       lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function
> >       slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol
> >       common-lisp-hyperspec-root "/home/bobi/lisp/HyperSpec-7-0/
> > HyperSpec/"
> >       slime-startup-animation nil)
>
> > (require 'mic-paren)
>
> > (paren-activate)
>
> > (setf paren-priority 'close)
>
> > (define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-=") (lambda () (interactive)
> > (insert "(")))
> > (define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-\\") (lambda () (interactive)
> > (insert ")")))
> > (slime-setup); :autodoc t :record-changed-definitions t)
>
> Did you look for Paredit and Redshank?
>
> --http://lispm.dyndns.org/

Redshank looks good, at least at the video, but I don't notice any
difference when I installed  it. Automatic indentation doesn't work in
the editor buffer,  My .emacs file looks like this:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/bobi/slime/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/home/bobi/elisp/")
(require 'slime)

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (slime-mode t)))
(add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode
t)))

(setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"
      ;lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function
      ;slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol
      common-lisp-hyperspec-root "/home/bobi/lisp/HyperSpec-7-0/
HyperSpec/"
      slime-startup-animation nil)

(require 'mic-paren)

(paren-activate)

(setf paren-priority 'close)

(define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-=") (lambda () (interactive)
(insert "(")))
(define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-\\") (lambda () (interactive)
(insert ")")))
(slime-setup);

(require 'paredit)
(require 'redshank)

(autoload 'redshank-mode "redshank"
     "Minor mode for editing and refactoring (Common) Lisp code."
     t)
   (autoload 'turn-on-redshank-mode "redshank"
     "Turn on Redshank mode.  Please see function `redshank-mode'."
     t)
   (add-hook '...-mode-hook 'turn-on-redshank-mode)

(put 'upcase-region 'disabled nil)
From: Michael Weber
On Nov 17, 3:29 pm, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Redshank looks good, at least at the video, but I don't notice any
> difference when I installed  it.
[...]
>    (add-hook '...-mode-hook 'turn-on-redshank-mode)

That might have something to do with not replacing the ellipsis with a
real mode hook.  'lisp-mode-hook is a good candidate, but also 'slime-
repl-mode-hook, for example.

Probably the same holds for paredit.

Cheers,
Michael
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Nov 17, 7:06 pm, Michael Weber <·········@foldr.org> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 3:29 pm, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Redshank looks good, at least at the video, but I don't notice any
> > difference when I installed  it.
> [...]
> >    (add-hook '...-mode-hook 'turn-on-redshank-mode)
>
> That might have something to do with not replacing the ellipsis with a
> real mode hook.  'lisp-mode-hook is a good candidate, but also 'slime-
> repl-mode-hook, for example.
>
> Probably the same holds for paredit.
>
> Cheers,
> Michael

Thanks for noticing I've changed to 'slime-repl-mode-hook but I don't
notice any difference.
Actually I don't know what to notice.
Basically with current setup I need only one more thing :
How to show menu with switching between buffers, in the Marco
Baringer  video shows a menu with all buffers binded to a letter, so
typing one letter a for example will get you to the buffer editing
application.lisp file.

And why (slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)
doesn't work, or I don't know how to use it . When I comment  slime-
fuzzy-complete-symbol line C-c Tab autocompletaion works as expected
else it don't.

Slobodan
From: Slobodan Blazeski
One more question , when I have a split screen setup with buffer with
file above and listener below. What's the easiest way to switch
between them, back and forth?

Slobodan
From: Matthias Benkard
> One more question , when I have a split screen setup with buffer with
> file above and listener below. What's the easiest way to switch
> between them, back and forth?
>
> Slobodan

I like WindMove: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/WindMove

~ Matthias
From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@41g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
 Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> One more question , when I have a split screen setup with buffer with
> file above and listener below. What's the easiest way to switch
> between them, back and forth?
>
> Slobodan

c-x o

a mouse click?

You can also customize the commands and use other key combinations.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Nov 17, 7:50 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> In article
> <····································@41g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
>  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > One more question , when I have a split screen setup with buffer with
> > file above and listener below. What's the easiest way to switch
> > between them, back and forth?
>
> > Slobodan
>
> c-x o
No that leaves me with a single buffer. I want to keep split screen
setup. Just switch from working in repl to editor, write some
definiton there , than switch to repl to try them.
I want both of the to be visible to see results of the evaluation.
I guess the best thing is c-x o to get into editor and c-c c-z to show
the repl, but it hides the repl.

> a mouse click?
That's what I'm trying to avoid, want to keep my hand on the keyboard.

From: D Herring
Slobodan Blazeski wrote:
> On Nov 17, 7:50 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
>> In article
>> <····································@41g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
>>  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> One more question , when I have a split screen setup with buffer with
>>> file above and listener below. What's the easiest way to switch
>>> between them, back and forth?
>>> Slobodan
>> c-x o
> No that leaves me with a single buffer.

little "oh", not "zero".

- Daniel
From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@41g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
 Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 17, 7:50 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> > In article
> > <····································@41g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > One more question , when I have a split screen setup with buffer with
> > > file above and listener below. What's the easiest way to switch
> > > between them, back and forth?
> >
> > > Slobodan
> >
> > c-x o
> No that leaves me with a single buffer.

Huh?

c-x 2  splits the window and c-x o switches between the buffers.
c-x b prompts for a buffer.

other-window            C-x o
  Command: Select the ARG'th different window on this frame.

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Other-Window.html

Maybe time to read the manual?

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Peder O. Klingenberg
Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:

> No that leaves me with a single buffer.

That's C-x 0 (zero).  C-x o (letter o) will leave the screen layout as
it is, just move the focus to the other window(s).

C-x o should be bound to the emacs command other-window.  If you've
messed up your key bindings, do a C-h w other-window RET and see what
the minibuffer tells you.

...Peder...
--
I wish a new life awaited _me_ in some off-world colony.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Nov 17, 8:25 pm, ·····@news.klingenberg.no (Peder O. Klingenberg)
wrote:
> Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:
> > No that leaves me with a single buffer.
>
> That's C-x 0 (zero).  C-x o (letter o) will leave the screen layout as
> it is, just move the focus to the other window(s).
>
> C-x o should be bound to the emacs command other-window.  If you've
> messed up your key bindings, do a C-h w other-window RET and see what
> the minibuffer tells you.
>
> ...Peder...
> --
> I wish a new life awaited _me_ in some off-world colony.

C-x o(utput-stream-p) is exactly what I wanted.
I've mixed it with zero. Sorry for my confusion.

Slobodan
From: szergling
On Nov 18, 8:09 am, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Nov 17, 7:50 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:> In article
> > <····································@41g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > One more question , when I have a split screen setup with buffer with
> > > file above and listener below. What's the easiest way to switch
> > > between them, back and forth?
>
> > > Slobodan
>
> > c-x o
>
> No that leaves me with a single buffer. I want to keep split screen
> setup. Just switch from working in repl to editor, write some
> definiton there , than switch to repl to try them.
> I want both of the to be visible to see results of the evaluation.
> I guess the best thing is c-x o to get into editor and c-c c-z to show
> the repl, but it hides the repl.

That's an 'oh', as other have pointed out. But I just want to show my
customisation too.

Because I switch windows so much, I just have other-window bound to C-
o instead. The original (default) binding was used to insert a
newline, and I can do that manually.

As an alternative, if you just want to switch quickly without having
both buffers in view, you could use slime-selector. I have that bound
to f5, so quickly, one can go f5 then r, for REPL, or f5 then l for
Lisp buffer (can be used multiple times, but it only switches between
2 lisp buffers), or f5 then d, if you have a debugger buffer
somewhere. It unfortunately doesn't do f5 i for the Inspector buffer.
From: Michael Weber
On Nov 17, 7:33 pm, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Thanks for noticing I've changed to 'slime-repl-mode-hook but I don't
> notice any difference.
> Actually I don't know what to notice.

Well, most prominently, you should see a new submenu "Redshank"
appearing when you are in the slime repl buffer (same for lisp buffers
if you added it to lisp-mode-hook).  At the very least, you should see
"Redshank" appearing in the minor mode list (in the mode line).

If you don't see a menu, please drop me a note with your emacs version
and your lisp/slime/redshank related configuration.

You could try out keybindings from the screencast, of course.  They
are shown in the right frame.

Also, the menu or C-h m or C-h b in a redshank-enabled buffer give you
some starting points to explore.  C-h f on a function name shows a
short description what it's purpose is.

In general, it's a good idea to get familiar with Emacs first.  It has
a good deal of help built in for getting further help. :)

Cheers,
Michael
From: Chris Russell
On 17 Nov, 13:29, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> In article
> <····································@n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
>  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I think this should do it:
>
> > > (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"))
> > > (require 'slime)
> > > (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
> > >             (lambda ()
> > >               (slime-mode t)
> > >               (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)))
> > > (add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode t)))
>
> > > Petter
> > > --
> > > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> > > A: Top-posting.
> > > Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
>
> > Petter  I'm already using SLIME, I'm trying to *steal* some more
> > tricks.
> > Below is my .emacs. Here are some things I would like to have:
> > 1. Automatically adding closing paren once I type (
> > 2. Automatic indentation in teh lisp file buffer as I type, like in
> > the listener.
> > 3. Map [ and ] to ( & ) respectevily
> > 4. Shortcut for seeing the all the available slime buffers with
> > ability to pick one with typing one letter
>
> > Slobodan
>
> > (add-to-list 'load-path "/home/bobi/slime/")
> > (require 'slime)
>
> > (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (slime-mode t)))
> > (add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode
> > t)))
>
> > (setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl"
> >       lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function
> >       slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol
> >       common-lisp-hyperspec-root "/home/bobi/lisp/HyperSpec-7-0/
> > HyperSpec/"
> >       slime-startup-animation nil)
>
> > (require 'mic-paren)
>
> > (paren-activate)
>
> > (setf paren-priority 'close)
>
> > (define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-=") (lambda () (interactive)
> > (insert "(")))
> > (define-key slime-mode-map (kbd "C-\\") (lambda () (interactive)
> > (insert ")")))
> > (slime-setup); :autodoc t :record-changed-definitions t)
>
> Did you look for Paredit and Redshank?
>
> --http://lispm.dyndns.org/

Paredit is very good. You'll also want something like:

(keyboard-translate ?\( ?\[)
(keyboard-translate ?\[ ?\()
(keyboard-translate ?\) ?\])
(keyboard-translate ?\] ?\))

In your .emacs to globally map everything shortcut bound to ( or ) to
[ or ] and visa versa.

You could implement the switch to slime named buffers with an keyboard
macro that performs C-x b *slime-<tab> , but this won't bring up lisp
files. I always toggle between open documents with C-x b though so I'm
not sure why you want it. :p

I really like pretty greek.

(defun pretty-greek ()
  (let ((greek '("alpha" "beta" "gamma" "delta" "epsilon" "zeta" "eta"
"theta" "iota"
		 "kappa" "lambda" "mu" "nu" "xi" "omicron" "pi" "rho" "sigma_final"
"sigma"
		 "tau" "upsilon" "phi" "chi" "psi" "omega")))
    (loop for word in greek
          for code = 97 then (+ 1 code)
          do  (let ((greek-char (make-char 'greek-iso8859-7 code)))
                (font-lock-add-keywords
		 nil
		 `((,(concatenate 'string "\\(^\\|[^a-zA-Z0-9]\\)\\(" word "\\)[a-zA-
Z]")
		    (0 (progn (decompose-region (match-beginning 2) (match-end 2))
			      nil)))))
                (font-lock-add-keywords
		 nil
		 `((,(concatenate 'string "\\(^\\|[^a-zA-Z0-9]\\)\\(" word "\\)[^a-
zA-Z]")
		    (0 (progn (compose-region (match-beginning 2) (match-end 2)
					      ,greek-char)
			      nil)))))))))

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook 'pretty-greek 'hs-minor-mode)

But unless your using mathematical notation its less cool.

>2) Automatic indentation in teh lisp file buffer as I type, like in
>the listener.
(defun customised-lisp-keyboard()
  (local-set-key [C-tab] 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)
  (local-set-key [return] 'newline-and-indent))

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook 'customised-lisp-keyboard)
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Nov 17, 3:32 pm, Chris Russell <·····················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> Z]")
>                     (0 (progn (decompose-region (match-beginning 2) (match-end 2))
>                               nil)))))
>                 (font-lock-add-keywords
>                  nil
>                  `((,(concatenate 'string "\\(^\\|[^a-zA-Z0-9]\\)\\(" word "\\)[^a-
> zA-Z]")
>                     (0 (progn (compose-region (match-beginning 2) (match-end 2)
>                                               ,greek-char)
>                               nil)))))))))
>
> (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook 'pretty-greek 'hs-minor-mode)
>
> But unless your using mathematical notation its less cool.
>
> >2) Automatic indentation in teh lisp file buffer as I type, like in
> >the listener.
>
> (defun customised-lisp-keyboard()
>   (local-set-key [C-tab] 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)
>   (local-set-key [return] 'newline-and-indent))
>
> (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook 'customised-lisp-keyboard)

Thank you Chris works great.

Slobodan
From: Chris Russell
On 17 Nov, 14:32, Chris Russell <·····················@gmail.com>
wrote:

> (defun customised-lisp-keyboard()
>   (local-set-key [C-tab] 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)
>   (local-set-key [return] 'newline-and-indent))
>
> (add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook 'customised-lisp-keyboard)

Whoops. I've had a couple of complaints that this stops return from
sending values from the repl to the lisp process
use this instead:

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
         (lambda ()
           (local-set-key [C-tab] 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)
           (local-set-key [return] 'newline-and-indent)))

(add-hook 'slime-repl-mode-hook
         (lambda () (local-set-key [return] 'slime-repl-return)))

or use C-return or C-M to send the values.

Sorry guys,

Chris
From: Slobodan Blazeski
Thanks to everybody who posted their tips and especially for
the .emacs file. They might make a great collection. I will need some
time to digest all the material.

Slobodan
From: Slobodan Blazeski
Subject: How to copy slime repl object ?
In Marco Baringer slime video there is a place where he types
something like:
CL-USER>(make-hash-table)
#<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}>
CL-USER> *default-pathname-defaults*
#P"/home/bobi/"
CL-USER> *
#P"/home/bobi***/"
CL-USER> **
#P"/home/bobi/"
CL-USER> ***
#P"/home/bobi/"
Afterward he points  to #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}> and
hand shows up and he's able to use the object. How he's doing that?

Slobodan
From: ··············@gmail.com
Subject: Re: How to copy slime repl object ?
On Nov 26, 11:50 am, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> In Marco Baringer slime video there is a place where he types
> something like:
> CL-USER>(make-hash-table)
> #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}>
> CL-USER> *default-pathname-defaults*
> #P"/home/bobi/"
> CL-USER> *
> #P"/home/bobi***/"
> CL-USER> **
> #P"/home/bobi/"
> CL-USER> ***
> #P"/home/bobi/"
> Afterward he points  to #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}> and
> hand shows up and he's able to use the object. How he's doing that?
>
> Slobodan
Middle clicking seems to work.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Nov 26, 7:17 pm, ··············@gmail.com wrote:
> On Nov 26, 11:50 am, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > In Marco Baringer slime video there is a place where he types
> > something like:
> > CL-USER>(make-hash-table)
> > #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}>
> > CL-USER> *default-pathname-defaults*
> > #P"/home/bobi/"
> > CL-USER> *
> > #P"/home/bobi***/"
> > CL-USER> **
> > #P"/home/bobi/"
> > CL-USER> ***
> > #P"/home/bobi/"
> > Afterward he points  to #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}> and
> > hand shows up and he's able to use the object. How he's doing that?
>
> > Slobodan
>
> Middle clicking seems to work.

I have 2 button mouse , actually there's a third button but I don't
what purpose it serves
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B0007UAY90/ref=dp_image_0/202-8097139-2003028?ie=UTF8&n=560798&s=electronics
   any way to emulate middle button click? Pressing little button is
pasting text. Pressing left and right button simultaneosly is pasting
text too.  Alt + left or right button doesn't do nothing .
Any idea?

Slobodan
From: Maciej Katafiasz
Den Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:17:53 -0800 skrev quickbasicguru:

>> Afterward he points  to #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}> and
>> hand shows up and he's able to use the object. How he's doing that?

Middle/right mouse click. But make sure you have SLIME presentations
enabled, if you're using a recent CVS, as is usually recommended, then
you need to load it from contrib/ in SLIME distribution. You can tell if
presentations are enabled by the fact that they turn the text red (by
default), and also make it sensitive to mouse-over.

Cheers,
Maciej
From: John Thingstad
P� Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:50:36 +0100, skrev Slobodan Blazeski
<·················@gmail.com>:

> In Marco Baringer slime video there is a place where he types
> something like:
> CL-USER>(make-hash-table)
> #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}>
> CL-USER> *default-pathname-defaults*
> #P"/home/bobi/"
> CL-USER> *
> #P"/home/bobi***/"
> CL-USER> **
> #P"/home/bobi/"
> CL-USER> ***
> #P"/home/bobi/"
> Afterward he points  to #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}> and
> hand shows up and he's able to use the object. How he's doing that?
>
> Slobodan

Don't know what you are refering to but

*

gives the last return value
as in

(+ 2 2)

(* * *)

gives

16

check + ++ +++ and * ** *** operations from REPL

--------------
John Thingstad
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Nov 26, 7:20 pm, "John Thingstad" <·······@online.no> wrote:
> På Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:50:36 +0100, skrev Slobodan Blazeski
> <·················@gmail.com>:
>

> > In Marco Baringer slime video there is a place where he types
> > something like:
> > CL-USER>(make-hash-table)
> > #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}>
> > CL-USER> *default-pathname-defaults*
> > #P"/home/bobi/"
> > CL-USER> *
> > #P"/home/bobi***/"
> > CL-USER> **
> > #P"/home/bobi/"
> > CL-USER> ***
> > #P"/home/bobi/"
> > Afterward he points  to #<HASH-TABLE :TEST EQL :COUNT 0 {AC29DC1}> and
> > hand shows up and he's able to use the object. How he's doing that?
>
> > Slobodan
>
> Don't know what you are refering to but
Here's some screenshots :
http://slobodan.blazeski.googlepages.com/Screenshot.png
http://slobodan.blazeski.googlepages.com/Screenshot-1.png
http://slobodan.blazeski.googlepages.com/Screenshot-2.png
> check + ++ +++ and * ** *** operations from REPL
Thanks but I already know those .

Slobodan
From: Frank Goenninger DG1SBG
Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:

> Did you look for Paredit and Redshank?
>
> --
> http://lispm.dyndns.org/

Now I did look at redshank- life just got faster (not necessarily
easier). Thanks, Rainer, for the pointer!

Frank

--

  Frank Goenninger

  frgo(at)mac(dot)com

  "Don't ask me! I haven't been reading comp.lang.lisp long enough to
  really know ..."
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <··············@pcsde001.de.goenninger.net>,
 Frank Goenninger DG1SBG <·············@nomail.org> wrote:

> Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:
>

> > Did you look for Paredit and Redshank?
> >
> > --
> > http://lispm.dyndns.org/
>
> Now I did look at redshank- life just got faster (not necessarily
> easier). Thanks, Rainer, for the pointer!
>
> Frank

You owe me something. ;-)

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Evan Monroig
Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:

> I found quite of customization files on the web but most of them are
> Mac,  use nonstandard keyboards, too complex ...
> If anybody using slime+ sbcl+linux is willing to post their .emacs
> file I would be very grateful.

Sorry I don't have time to explain (and sorry for the tab that may not
render well), but here is mine.

Evan

;; outline mode
(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook (lambda ()
			    (outline-minor-mode 1)))

;; parenthesis highlighting
(require 'slime)
(require 'mic-paren)
(require 'paredit)
(paren-activate)

;; sexp-editing key bindings
(defun my/move-past-close ()
  "Move past next `)' and ensure just one space after it.

from http://paste.lisp.org/display/10269/"
  (interactive)
  (delete-horizontal-space)
  (up-list))

;; snippet for Emacs interaction with lispdoc, by Bill Clementson
;; http://bc.tech.coop/blog/070515.html
(defun lispdoc ()
  "Searches lispdoc.com for SYMBOL, which is by default the
symbol currently under the curser"
  (interactive)
  (let* ((word-at-point (word-at-point))
	 (symbol-at-point (symbol-at-point))
	 (default (symbol-name symbol-at-point))
	 (inp (read-from-minibuffer
	       (if (or word-at-point symbol-at-point)
		   (concat "Symbol (default " default "): ")
		   "Symbol (no default): "))))
    (if (and (string= inp "")
	     (not word-at-point)
	     (not symbol-at-point))
	(message "you didn't enter a symbol!")
	(let ((search-type
	       (read-from-minibuffer
		"full-text (f) or basic (b) search (default b)? ")))
	  (browse-url (concat "http://lispdoc.com?q="
			      (if (string= inp "")
				  default
				  inp)
			      "&search;="
			      (if (string-equal search-type "f")
				  "full+text+search"
				  "basic+search")))))))

(defun my/install-lisp-bindings (&rest maps)
  "install my lisp key bindings for the keymap map (example:
emacs-lisp-mode-map, slime-mode-map, etc.)"
  (dolist (map maps)
    ;; make it easy to use parentheses
    (define-key map (kbd "]") 'my/move-past-close)
    (define-key map (kbd "[") 'insert-parentheses)
    (define-key map (kbd "(") (lambda () (interactive) (insert "[")))
    (define-key map (kbd ")") (lambda () (interactive) (insert "]")))
    (define-key map (kbd "C-=") (lambda () (interactive) (insert "(")))
    (define-key map (kbd "C-^") (lambda () (interactive) (insert "(")))
    ;; sep operations
    (define-key map (kbd "C-t") 'transpose-sexps)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-M-t") 'transpose-chars)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-b") 'backward-sexp)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-M-b") 'backward-char)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-f") 'forward-sexp)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-M-f") 'forward-char)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-k") 'kill-sexp)
    (define-key map (kbd "M-k") 'kill-line)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-,") 'backward-up-list)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-.") 'down-list)
    (define-key map (kbd "M-s") 'paredit-splice-sexp)
    (define-key map (kbd "C-c C-d l") 'lispdoc)
    (define-key map (kbd "<tab>") 'slime-indent-and-complete-symbol)))

(defun my/install-lisp-ret-bindings (&rest maps)
  (dolist (map maps)
    ;; (define-key map (kbd "<return>") 'newline-and-indent)
    (define-key map (kbd "RET") 'newline-and-indent)))

(my/install-lisp-bindings emacs-lisp-mode-map
			  lisp-mode-map
			  lisp-interaction-mode-map
			  slime-mode-map
			  slime-repl-mode-map)

(my/install-lisp-ret-bindings emacs-lisp-mode-map
			      lisp-interaction-mode-map
			      slime-mode-map)

(define-key lisp-interaction-mode-map (kbd "C-c C-c") 'eval-defun)

(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (slime-mode t)))
(add-hook 'inferior-lisp-mode-hook (lambda () (inferior-slime-mode t)))

(setq inferior-lisp-program "/usr/bin/sbcl --noinform"
      lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function
      slime-complete-symbol-function 'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol
      slime-startup-animation nil)

(slime-setup :autodoc t)
(add-hook 'slime-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

; utf-8 for slime (??)
;;(setq slime-net-coding-system 'iso-latin-1-unix)
(setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)

(setq slime-log-event nil)

(define-key global-map (kbd "<f12>") 'slime-selector)