From: sharan
Subject: build a hierarchical tree, without using DOM,schema, and sax using 	expat parser and c
I've been experimenting with the jclark's expat parser.  I compiled it
on
linux, and it works just great.  However, finding tags and data by
implementing the callback functions in c language is cumbersome.
Has anybody written code that uses the expat callback's in such a way
as to
build a hierarchical tree, without using DOM,schema, and sax, that can
be traversed.My purpose, just enough to traverse branches and find
leafs of a xml documents without using DOM, schema, and sax, and i
also want help regarding how to convert a xml document to a
hierachical tree which contains tags values. thanks
From: Andy Chambers
On Nov 16, 9:30 am, sharan <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been experimenting with the jclark's expat parser.  I compiled it
> on
> linux, and it works just great.  However, finding tags and data by
> implementing the callback functions in c language is cumbersome.
> Has anybody written code that uses the expat callback's in such a way
> as to
> build a hierarchical tree, without using DOM,schema, and sax, that can
> be traversed.My purpose, just enough to traverse branches and find
> leafs of a xml documents without using DOM, schema, and sax, and i
> also want help regarding how to convert a xml document to a
> hierachical tree which contains tags values. thanks

There's a range of options to do this in lisp.

http://www.cliki.net/XML

S-XML would proably suit your needs.  You can choose what type
of :output you want the parser to produce and process it however you
wish.