From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Dynamic Languages Shootout at OOP 2008 in Munich, competition.
In German:

http://www.sigs-datacom.de/sd/kongresse/oop_2008/index.php?cat=dls_competition

No idea if somebody is interested, especially since
I saw the announcement only in German. The task
also seems to require German. Well, they mention
that you can use 'Lisp' for the competition.
Maybe a chance to learn some new (natural) language?

From: Frank Buss
Rainer Joswig wrote:

> In German:
>
> http://www.sigs-datacom.de/sd/kongresse/oop_2008/index.php?cat=dls_competition
>
> No idea if somebody is interested, especially since
> I saw the announcement only in German. The task
> also seems to require German.
> Well, they mention
> that you can use 'Lisp' for the competition.
> Maybe a chance to learn some new (natural) language?

Lisp is impossible, at least for the bonus task, because there is no
standard library for GUI programming for Lisp (but good libraries, like LTK
and Lispbuilder-SDL) and there is not listed a Lisp web framework, which
can be used for the task. But the text says you can ask, if you want to use
another library.

I don't know, if it requires German. The description says that the
application itself "must work in German", which I think means that you have
to localize your strings. And it must have a "comprehensible
documentation", but it doesn't say that the documentation has to be in
German, too :-)

--
Frank Buss, ··@frank-buss.de
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <·······························@40tude.net>,
 Frank Buss <··@frank-buss.de> wrote:

> Rainer Joswig wrote:
>
> > In German:
> >
> > http://www.sigs-datacom.de/sd/kongresse/oop_2008/index.php?cat=dls_competition
> >
> > No idea if somebody is interested, especially since
> > I saw the announcement only in German. The task
> > also seems to require German.
> > Well, they mention
> > that you can use 'Lisp' for the competition.
> > Maybe a chance to learn some new (natural) language?
>
> Lisp is impossible, at least for the bonus task, because there is no
> standard library for GUI programming for Lisp

What is a 'standard' anyway? Use one and declare it standard.
Who cares? ;-)

> (but good libraries, like LTK
> and Lispbuilder-SDL) and there is not listed a Lisp web framework, which
> can be used for the task. But the text says you can ask, if you want to use
> another library.

Sure, ask.

> I don't know, if it requires German. The description says that the
> application itself "must work in German", which I think means that you have
> to localize your strings. And it must have a "comprehensible
> documentation", but it doesn't say that the documentation has to be in
> German, too :-)

Right. Maybe English would be fine. ;-)

The task seems to be mildly interesting (it is not that 'alien' like
the one from the last ICFP programming contest). I thought that
you might be interested. ;-)