From: ··············@gmail.com
Subject: X-expressions: XML for Lisp for Lisp programmers who hate XML
X-expressions are the unification of XML and S-expressions. This is a
technology for Lisp programmers who may hate XML but for some reason
(to receive funding, to be able to collaborate with non-lisp
programmers, etc.) have to deal with XML. You keep writing Lisp code
and let the Common Lisp MOP + reader + printer do the dirty XML work.
You just write CLOS classes and get some XML interface automagically.
This is XMLisp version 3.0.3. Tested with Allegro, MCL, LispWorks,
Clozure CL, and other lisps. Code (LGPL) and papers here:

http://www.agentsheets.com/lisp/XMLisp/

enjoy, extend, ..

From: Karol Skocik
Hi,
  I tried to load the the 3.0.3 version from the page,
but it seems that there is no XML package defined...
Also, is there some reason to write CamelCase or UPPERCASE
in common-lisp when it's by default case-insensitive?
It is a bit less readable that way (btw: I am sure that
when you develop a habit to write something with different
case, it is more readable for you, but not for the others...)
Other than that, the idea is interesting, I will check it later,
if the package error is still present...

Cheers,
  Karol

From: Mariano Montone
On 9 nov, 14:12, Karol Skocik <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I tried to load the the 3.0.3 version from the page,
> but it seems that there is no XML package defined...

With SBCL in Linux you have to apply the perl expression that appears
on the web page
to the files in the SBCL patch directory and then load those files.

Mariano
From: Eirik
Mariano Montone <··············@gmail.com> writes:

> On 9 nov, 14:12, Karol Skocik <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   I tried to load the the 3.0.3 version from the page,
>> but it seems that there is no XML package defined...
>
> With SBCL in Linux you have to apply the perl expression that appears
> on the web page
> to the files in the SBCL patch directory and then load those files.

For version 3.0.3 to work correctly you should download the zip-file
for version 2.3. From this package, load "package.lisp", then
load the new "XMLisp.lisp". Before loading "XMLisp.lisp" you should
comment out the function CONVERT-RELATIVE-UNIX-PATH-TO-LISP-PATHNAME
which use some MCL-specific function.

Eirik