From: Matthew D. Swank
Subject: slime list
Has anyone tried to post anything to the slime list in the last four
days?  It seems unresponsive, even to subscription requests.

Matt

--
"You do not really understand something unless you
 can explain it to your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein.

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: slime list
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:16:17 -0600, "Matthew D. Swank" <··················@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried to post anything to the slime list in the last four
> days?  It seems unresponsive, even to subscription requests.

I also had problems with my mailing lists and heard similar reports
from other users.  I just emailed Erik Enge, but the general problem
has been known for almost two months now:

  http://common-lisp.net/
  [See "Latest News", 2007-09-10]

If nobody takes over, common-lisp.net will be pretty dead pretty soon,
I'd say.

Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Drew Crampsie
On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:01:20 +0100, Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:16:17 -0600, "Matthew D. Swank"
> <··················@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried to post anything to the slime list in the last four
>> days?  It seems unresponsive, even to subscription requests.
>
> I also had problems with my mailing lists and heard similar reports from
> other users.  I just emailed Erik Enge, but the general problem has been
> known for almost two months now:
>
>   http://common-lisp.net/
>   [See "Latest News", 2007-09-10]
>
> If nobody takes over, common-lisp.net will be pretty dead pretty soon,
> I'd say.

I've already taken over, and i'm just waiting to get up to speed before i
make an official announcement. This is the first i've heard of the
mailing list issues, but i'm working on it. Feel free to email me (drewc
is the username at the machine tech.coop) if there is anything else, and
i'll get on it ASAP.

Cheers,

drewc

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 22:11:54 +0000, Drew Crampsie wrote:

> I've already taken over, and i'm just waiting to get up to speed before i
> make an official announcement.

Yes, Thanks!

From: Edi Weitz
On 05 Nov 2007 22:11:54 GMT, Drew Crampsie <·············@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've already taken over, and i'm just waiting to get up to speed
> before i make an official announcement.

Great, thanks!

> This is the first i've heard of the mailing list issues, but i'm
> working on it. Feel free to email me (drewc is the username at the
> machine tech.coop) if there is anything else, and i'll get on it
> ASAP.

Will you also read common-lisp.net's admin address?  I sent a
description of the mailing list issues there, but maybe it was also
lost due to the same problems.

Cheers,
Edi.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Drew Crampsie
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 00:10:25 +0100, Edi Weitz wrote:

> Will you also read common-lisp.net's admin address?

I will (and do).

> I sent a
> description of the mailing list issues there, but maybe it was also lost
> due to the same problems.

That's exactly what happened. Now that i've fixed it, common-lisp.net is
spamming me... I'm at 500 unread and counting (mostly system messages),
i'm sure your mail is buried in there somewhere :).

Cheers,

drewc