From: Mark Tarver
Subject: Announce: Qi 8.0 for Allegro
Qi 8.0 for Allegro is available from www.lambdassociates.org.

Note as of 23rd May 2007, there are problems with building an Allegro
image for Qi. According to Franz this is due to a problem with Allegro
which they aim to fix with 8.1.

>From Franz.
QUOTE
We've managed to duplicate the problem and are looking into a fix. The
fix will be part of our upcoming 8.1 release. I'll keep you posted on
our progress and if there is any workaround for past releases.
UNQUOTE

This Qi release avoids the issue by loading the compiled code on
startup.

I've not tested it yet under all the other Lisps so if you want to try
it go ahead.  It should be in all other respects identical with Qi
7.3.

Thanks to Franz for their contribution.

Mark