From: Ben
Subject: Re: I finally understand why I'm not allowed to use Lisp
On May 23, 9:11 am, Wade Humeniuk <········@telus.net.no.spam> wrote:
> Are you thinking Lisp has been killed?  If you are, you are definitely
> wrong.  I have used C# and you can see the Lisp influences all over
> it.  Its there, you just have to see it.

  Of course, you're right.  I keep telling my coworkers that every
time they add a feature to C++ or C#, new keywords get created.  We
need a language that lets you develop the syntax toward the problem
domain rather than a language with a hundred keywords.  I'm honestly
running into trouble naming my variables, because C# has so many
keywords now.

  And you're right about the laws too.  I'm not being asked to conform
to a silly programming style.  I was being asked to make sure I
thought about how it would be maintained, which is fair, if
condescending.  :)  I am just tired of being asked that every time a
new syntax style appears.  That would not have been said about a dozen
duplicate loops, or a dozen nested conditionals.  Something far more
likely to produce bugs.

 It all worked out though.

-Ben