From: Mark Tarver
Subject: Character #\u2013 cannot be represented in the character set
I got this message interfacing with TCL/tk.

GC: 175, GC time: 0.71875 sec.Character #\u2013 cannot be represented
in the character set CHARSET:CP850

I'm trying to use IGNORE-ERRORS to stop this message when characters
are being read which Lisp doesn't get.  It seems not to work however.

Any ideas?

Mark
From: John Thingstad
On Wed, 23 May 2007 20:21:50 +0200, Mark Tarver
<··········@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> I got this message interfacing with TCL/tk.
>
> GC: 175, GC time: 0.71875 sec.Character #\u2013 cannot be represented
> in the character set CHARSET:CP850
>
> I'm trying to use IGNORE-ERRORS to stop this message when characters
> are being read which Lisp doesn't get.  It seems not to work however.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mark

A quick search gives #\u2013
Unicode Character 'EN DASH' (U+2013)

Looks to me like you are getting unicode and trying to represent it with
character set CP850.
Seem to remember this only renders iso-latin-1 (iso-8859-1).
Could you just replace the character with a - ?