From: Arjen Logghe
Subject: Re: My First Lisp...
Thanks all for you replies. I'll be using SICP as my first book and
installed DrScheme, which seems a nice editor. Didn't like GNU/MIT
Scheme because of the Emacs editor, very confusing.

From: jurgen_defurne
On May 23, 8:12 pm, Arjen Logghe <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks all for you replies. I'll be using SICP as my first book and
> installed DrScheme, which seems a nice editor. Didn't like GNU/MIT
> Scheme because of the Emacs editor, very confusing.

Also search for How To Design Programs (HTDP), because DrScheme is the
environment specifically tied to this book. Also, the course material
is much easier than SICP. HTDP was developed as an answer to the
problems regarding SICP.

My personal experience with HTDP was that I became a better programmer
after reading it and doing the exercises, even with 15 years of
previous experience.

Regards,

Jurgen
From: Arjen Logghe
Thanks everyone for your valuable input.