From: Michael Bohn
Subject: Dandelion - Eclipse Lisp Plugin
Hello Lisp newsgroup,

I developed a plugin for Eclipse that allows it to use Eclipse for
Lisp-Development. This work is my Bachelor Thesis (Fachhochschule Trier,
  Germany).

The plugin supports:
- syntax highlighting
- code completion
- code folding
- code formatting (no body recognition :()
- syntax analysis as you type (limited to defun, defmacro, lambda,
in-package)
- a listener
- outline
- project managment

The plugin comes with a ready to use CLISP-Environment, but the plugin
ist not limited to this Lisp implementation. It's possible to add any
implementation on which the developed 'Eval-Server' can be executed.

On the Cliki page (http://www.cliki.net/Dandelion) is a short
installation manual. The project is also hosted on sourceforge
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/dandelion-ecl)

Maybe somebody wants to test the plugin and give me some feedback or
fill out a bug report.

Michael

From: Vebjorn Ljosa
Subject: Re: Dandelion - Eclipse Lisp Plugin
On May 16, 1:27 am, Michael Bohn <············@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Lisp newsgroup,
>
> I developed a plugin for Eclipse that allows it to use Eclipse for
> Lisp-Development. This work is my Bachelor Thesis (Fachhochschule Trier,
>   Germany).

Could you please say a few words about how Eclipse + Dandelion
compares to Emacs + Slime?

Vebjorn
From: Michael Bohn
Vebjorn Ljosa wrote:
> On May 16, 1:27 am, Michael Bohn <············@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hello Lisp newsgroup,
>>
>> I developed a plugin for Eclipse that allows it to use Eclipse for
>> Lisp-Development. This work is my Bachelor Thesis (Fachhochschule Trier,
>>   Germany).
>
> Could you please say a few words about how Eclipse + Dandelion
> compares to Emacs + Slime?
>
> Vebjorn

It works similarly (as far as I Emacs know).
Dandelion starts a eval-server and sends expressions to the server. The
server should be compilable under all Lisp implementations that support
CLOCC.

But of course Emacs and Eclipse are quite different. If you like Eclipse
for Java development, you maybe like the Dandelion plugin. If you use
Emacs a lot, you maybe don't like Dandelion.
From: Vagif Verdi
From: Antony Sequeira
Vagif Verdi wrote:
> Have you seen Eclipse lisp plugin Cusp ?
> http://www.paragent.com/lisp/cusp/cusp.htm

Dandelion failed to install, but Cusp did work. I could get the usual
fact function to be defined and called. Pretty nice.

-Antony
From: Michael Bohn
Antony Sequeira wrote:
> Vagif Verdi wrote:
>> Have you seen Eclipse lisp plugin Cusp ?
>> http://www.paragent.com/lisp/cusp/cusp.htm
>>

> Dandelion failed to install, but Cusp did work. I could get the usual
> fact function to be defined and called. Pretty nice.
>
> -Antony

Why did it fail?
Any errors in the Log?
From: Michael Bohn
Vagif Verdi wrote:
> Have you seen Eclipse lisp plugin Cusp ?
> http://www.paragent.com/lisp/cusp/cusp.htm

Yes I know (and like Cusp), unfortunatly I found this plugin after I
started my Bachelor Thesis.