From: Davi
Subject: win32-demo for clisp and ecl
Hi lispers!
I wrote a small common-lisp program that uses the uffi/cffi interface
to use all win32-apis at low level directly without other lisp packages.

This program is the window interface of my program that is not yet
functional.
I think that many lispers are been interested in development of programs to
uses the api win32 under Windows.

Download free source code:
CLISP WIN32 demo:
http://aiforce.altervista.org/sections/03_Download/Spock2007/sp2007demo5.zip
ECL WIN32 demo:
http://aiforce.altervista.org/sections/03_Download/Spock2007/none_archivedir/sp2007demo4b.zip
Also exists a new clisp demo version.
(http://aiforce.altervista.org is in italian language, I'm sorry)

Only the named package "cliwin32.lisp" and "eclwin32.lisp" contains
comments in english,
other source codes contains comments in italian and sometimes in english,
unfortunately I have not enough time to translate all comments in english.

The ECL demo is an extension of the original ECL-win32 demo package.
The CLISP demo is a rewritten version of the original ECL-win32 demo
package.

I post this message because from when I have begun the writing of this demo
I have found a lot of difficulties to retrieve information about the use
of the FFIs
in Clisp to exploit the WIN32 apis.
I believe that many are interested in to develop programs in CLISP or ECL
on the s/o Windows
directly using the bees of WIN32.
You excuse me for the defective English.

Bye Bye.
640K ought to be enough for anybody. -Bill Gates, 1981.

--

questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito
http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad ·····@newsland.it

From: Frank Buss
Subject: Re: win32-demo for clisp and ecl
Davi wrote:

> I wrote a small common-lisp program that uses the uffi/cffi interface
> to use all win32-apis at low level directly without other lisp packages.

This sounds interesting. I've started to implement a similar library (see
http://tinyurl.com/y887lb ), but I didn't implement all win32-apis.

> Download free source code:
> CLISP WIN32 demo:
> http://aiforce.altervista.org/sections/03_Download/Spock2007/sp2007demo5.zip
> ECL WIN32 demo:
> http://aiforce.altervista.org/sections/03_Download/Spock2007/none_archivedir/sp2007demo4b.zip
> Also exists a new clisp demo version.
> (http://aiforce.altervista.org is in italian language, I'm sorry)

I see only an EXE file inside the ZIP file. Could you provide a ZIP file
with the sources, only?

Which licence do you use? Would be cool if I could integrate it in the
lispbuilder-windows project.

--
Frank Buss, ··@frank-buss.de
From: Davi
Frank Buss ha scritto:
> Davi wrote:
>

>>I wrote a small common-lisp program that uses the uffi/cffi interface
>>to use all win32-apis at low level directly without other lisp packages.
>

> This sounds interesting. I've started to implement a similar library (see
> http://tinyurl.com/y887lb ), but I didn't implement all win32-apis.

Very good, it may be useful for me! ;)
My demo didn't implement all win32-apis, it
contains a package to implement all win32-apis easily.

>>Download free source code:
>>CLISP WIN32 demo:
>>http://aiforce.altervista.org/sections/03_Download/Spock2007/sp2007demo5.zip
>>ECL WIN32 demo:
>>http://aiforce.altervista.org/sections/03_Download/Spock2007/none_archivedir/sp2007demo4b.zip
>>Also exists a new clisp demo version.
>>(http://aiforce.altervista.org is in italian language, I'm sorry)
>

> I see only an EXE file inside the ZIP file. Could you provide a ZIP file
> with the sources, only?

No, because otherwise it is not understood how it works.

> Which licence do you use? Would be cool if I could integrate it in the
> lispbuilder-windows project.

The EXEs are an self-extracting file.

Demo4B sources are licensed in GPL.
Demo5 sources are licensed in GPL.
Demo5A sources are licensed in LGPL.

The file "cliwin32.lisp" and "eclwin32.lisp" are always in LGPL.

Regards,
Davi

From: Frank Buss
Davi wrote:

>> I see only an EXE file inside the ZIP file. Could you provide a ZIP file
>> with the sources, only?
>
> No, because otherwise it is not understood how it works.
>
> The EXEs are an self-extracting file.

I don't understand this. Why packing a self extracting EXE file into a ZIP
file instead of just the plain files?

--
Frank Buss, ··@frank-buss.de
From: Davi
Frank Buss ha scritto:

> Davi wrote:

> >> I see only an EXE file inside the ZIP file. Could you provide a ZIP file
> >> with the sources, only?
> >
> > No, because otherwise it is not understood how it works.
> >
> > The EXEs are an self-extracting file.

> I don't understand this. Why packing a self extracting EXE file into a ZIP
> file instead of just the plain files?

The webserver where my site is hosted do not permit the download of exe
files.
I used 7zip format because is 30-40% smaller than winzip file.
The Self-extracting file ask you the path to install for,
otherwise by default the files will be always extracts in a default path.
Self-extracting file is more easy to use and smaller than a setup file..

Regards,
Davi

From: Davi
I would like to add another thing that in the hurry I have forgotten to
write!
The main purpose of my announcement is that
to approach some programmers to the common-lisp language, above all those
 programmers that in the past have written programs in C or
in Visual Basic using the the win32 Apis.
The win32-library is surely to improve and extend,
for example they miss some controls on FFI-pointers.
I am really happy to anyone interested in my library
and he want to utilize it in own projects.
This is the my small contribution to the common-lisp language!

Good luck!
Davi