From: Tamas Papp
Subject: how to query function signature
Hi,

I have a cffi interface (mostly cffi:defcfun's) generated by SWIG.  I
would like to write nice wrapper functions for this, for example for
coercing numerical arguments to the correct type so that these
functions can be called with integers when doubles are expected, etc.

I would like to automate this so that giving the function name would
be enough to write these wrapper functions.  Is it possible to recover
the cffi signature of a function?  How can I do this?

I am also interested in how a function's argument list can be
recovered in general (like SLIME displays hints in emacs).

Thanks,

Tamas