From: ···············@gmail.com
Subject: ANN: ABLE 0.2
ABLE is a free software IDE for Common Lisp programmers.

You can download version 0.2 from:

http://phil.nullable.eu/

While it won't convert anyone away from Slime, it does have the
following features:

- Multi-file editing (tabbed interface)
- REPL like facility with command history
- Highlight any code and run it
- Syntax highlighting (new! experimental!)
- Parenthesis matching
- Automatic indenting

Thanks to everyone who had nice things to say about ABLE at
ILC'07...even if you were lying it was still encouraging :-)

Phil

From: fireblade
Subject: Re: ANN: ABLE 0.2
On May 6, 9:53 pm, ···············@gmail.com wrote:
> ABLE is a free software IDE for Common Lisp programmers.
>
> You can download version 0.2 from:
>
> http://phil.nullable.eu/
>
> While it won't convert anyone away from Slime, it does have the
> following features:
>
> - Multi-file editing (tabbed interface)
> - REPL like facility with command history
> - Highlight any code and run it
> - Syntax highlighting (new! experimental!)
> - Parenthesis matching
> - Automatic indenting
>
> Thanks to everyone who had nice things to say about ABLE at
> ILC'07...even if you were lying it was still encouraging :-)
>
> Phil

If it makes exe on windows  with Clisp  You got me. Executing over and
over the Frank Buss script is boring.

cheers
bobi
From: ···············@gmail.com
On May 7, 10:37 am, fireblade <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 6, 9:53 pm, ···············@gmail.com wrote:

> > ABLE is a free software IDE for Common Lisp programmers.
> > You can download version 0.2 from:
> >http://phil.nullable.eu/

> If it makes exe on windows  with Clisp  You got me. Executing over and
> over the Frank Buss script is boring.

I don't fully understand. It's written in Common Lisp and I alternate
between CLisp and SBCL when developing so it works with both. It
starts up on Windows but there's an issue with pathnames which
prevents the file open and save boxes from working. Alas, I don't have
access to a Windows machine at the moment to debug this on.

Making a stand alone executable with CLisp should be quite simple. I
do this:

(ext:saveinitmem "exe-name"
  :init-function 'function-to-run
  :executable t
  :quiet t)

Not sure if the same works on Windows but have a look in the CLisp
docs; they're very good.

I'm not sure which which Frank Buss script you're referring to but I
normally find his code to be pretty interesting :-)

Phil