From: ·············@gmail.com
Subject: What mail server you use in your appliactions?
What do you use to send email from your web application ?
Any pure lisp solution or you use external  staff?

JT

From: Thomas F. Burdick
Subject: Re: What mail server you use in your appliactions?
On May 3, 3:04 pm, ·············@gmail.com wrote:
> What do you use to send email from your web application ?
> Any pure lisp solution or you use external  staff?

With Allegro, I use net.post-office:send-letter, which is in their
smtp module, which in turn is LLGPL and probably not too hard to port,
idiosyncratic Foderaro-isms notwithstanding.
From: Zach Beane
·············@gmail.com writes:

> What do you use to send email from your web application ?
> Any pure lisp solution or you use external  staff?

I open a pipe to "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t" with SB-EXT:RUN-PROGRAM, then
write the header and body to the pipe. Here's a macro I use for
convenience:

  (defmacro with-output-to-mail ((stream &key from to subject) &body body)
    (let ((process (gensym)))
      `(let ((,process (sb-ext:run-program "/usr/sbin/sendmail"
                                          (list "-t")
                                          :wait nil
                                          :input :stream
                                          :output nil)))
         (unwind-protect
              (let ((,stream (sb-ext:process-input ,process)))
                (format ,stream "From: ~A~%" ,from)
                (format ,stream "To: ~A~%" ,to)
                (format ,stream "Subject: ~A~%" ,subject)
                (terpri ,stream)
                ,@body)
           (when (eql (sb-ext:process-status ,process) :running)
             (close (sb-ext:process-input ,process)))))))

If I wanted to avoid a pipe, I'd probably find or write something that
spoke SMTP. Until then, though, this works fine for my purposes.

Zach
From: Timofei Shatrov
On 3 May 2007 06:04:23 -0700, ·············@gmail.com tried to confuse everyone
with this message:

>What do you use to send email from your web application ?
>Any pure lisp solution or you use external  staff?

I don't have a web application (yet), but CL-SMTP:
  http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-smtp/
worked pretty well for me.

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: Petter Gustad
·············@gmail.com writes:

> What do you use to send email from your web application ?
> Any pure lisp solution or you use external  staff?

I've used cl-smtp:send-email.

Petter
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
From: Thibault Langlois
On 3 mai, 15:06, Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> wrote:
> ·············@gmail.com writes:
> > What do you use to send email from your web application ?
> > Any pure lisp solution or you use external  staff?
>
> I've used cl-smtp:send-email.

I use cl-smtp too but AFAIK, it doesn't work if the server requires
ssl authentication.

Extending the OP question, does  anybody know a CL solution to make
an application send an email via a smtp server that reqires
autentication ?

Thibault

From: ··@codeartist.org
On 3 Mai, 22:15, Thibault Langlois <·················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 3 mai, 15:06, Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> wrote:
>
> > ·············@gmail.com writes:
> > > What do you use to send email from your web application ?
> > > Any pure lisp solution or you use external  staff?
>
> > I've used cl-smtp:send-email.
>
> I use cl-smtp too but AFAIK, it doesn't work if the server requires
> ssl authentication.
>
> Extending the OP question, does  anybody know a CL solution to make
> an application send an email via a smtp server that reqires
> autentication ?

You can just use a ssl tunnel using stunnel or ssh.
At least thats what I did using my own mail library (http://
www.cliki.net/mel-base)

ciao,
Jochen