From: hyperstring.net ltd
Subject: Anyone using Lisp with Second Life?
Dear All

We just moved our lewis product into Second LIfe, but the server
behind it is still Lisp.

Is anyone here involved in Second Life Development?

Paul
http://www.hyperstring.net

From: Frank Buss
Subject: Re: Anyone using Lisp with Second Life?
hyperstring.net ltd wrote:

> We just moved our lewis product into Second LIfe, but the server
> behind it is still Lisp.
>
> Is anyone here involved in Second Life Development?

Yes, I have written a geodesic dome builder, mainly because it was fun to
figure out how to create arbitrary triangles in LSL with the limited set of
available primitives.

http://sparticarroll.com/Geodesic+Dome+Builder.ashx

It looks like this (with my alien avatar to see how big it can be)

http://www.frank-buss.de/tmp/dome.jpg

But I haven't mixed Lisp and LSL so far. But if your server has a HTTP
interface, I think it should be easy to use llHTTPRequest and the like:

http://rpgstats.com/wiki/index.php?title=Communications

--
Frank Buss, ··@frank-buss.de
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 04:25:52 -0700, hyperstring.net ltd wrote:

> Is anyone here involved in Second Life Development?

http://www.getafirstlife.com/

lol..sorry, couldn't resist. :P

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/
From: GP lisper
On 26 Mar 2007 04:25:52 -0700, <············@hyperstring.net> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> We just moved our lewis product into Second LIfe, but the server
> behind it is still Lisp.
>
> Is anyone here involved in Second Life Development?
>
> Paul
> http://www.hyperstring.net

It's unplayable for me, takes forever to do even simple things.  When
I read that the game creators were going to re-invent the stone wheel
and code their own graphics engine  =>/dev/null

The concept of funds exchange is appealing, but SL is not the right
place yet.

--
There are no average Common Lisp programmers