From: ··············@gmail.com
Subject: about help
how to find functions(primitive) available in clisp.
 i am very new to clisp. is there is any command which display
all primitives and their structure

From: Ken
Subject: Re: about help
··············@gmail.com wrote:
> how to find functions(primitive) available in clisp.
>  i am very new to clisp. is there is any command which display
> all primitives and their structure

(apropos "STRING")

And then there is the hyperspec.

hth,kt
From: Pascal Bourguignon
··············@gmail.com writes:

> how to find functions(primitive) available in clisp.
>  i am very new to clisp. is there is any command which display
> all primitives and their structure

Basically, the standard tools for this are (beside APROPOS and DESCRIBE):

LIST-ALL-PACKAGES
DO-EXTERNAL-SYMBOLS
FBOUNDP
BOUNDP
MACROFUNCTION
SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P

etc.

You can also use my LSPACK command in:
http://darcs.informatimago.com/lisp/common-lisp/interactive.lisp
http://www.informatimago.com/develop/lisp/index.html

It gives a nicer output than LIST-ALL-PACKAGE, and can combine with a
DO-EXTERNAL-SYMBOLS:

* (lspack)

ACL-SOCKET
   Symbols:         74 exported, 2028 total.
   Nicknames:     SOCKET
   Uses:          ACLMOP COMMON-LISP EXCL

ACLMOP
   Symbols:         83 exported, 1641 total.
   Nicknames:     ACL-MOP CLOS MOP
   Uses:          COMMON-LISP EXCL
   Used by:       ACL-SOCKET COMPILER EXCL NET.XML.PARSER

* (lspack "INTERACTIVE" t)

COM.INFORMATIMAGO.COMMON-LISP.INTERACTIVE
   Symbols:         31 exported, 1113 total.
   Uses:          COM.INFORMATIMAGO.COMMON-LISP.BROWSER
                  COM.INFORMATIMAGO.COMMON-LISP.PACKAGE
                  COM.INFORMATIMAGO.COMMON-LISP.STRING COMMON-LISP
   Used by:       COM.INFORMATIMAGO.PJB COM.RAVENPACK.UTILS.WEBAPP-COMPILER
   Exported:      *EDITOR* BROWSE CAT CD COMPARE-PATHNAMES DATE
                  DEFINE-PACKAGE DIFF-PACKAGE EDIT LESS
                  LIST-ALL-SYMBOLS LIST-EXTERNAL-SYMBOLS LS LSCHAR
                  LSPACK LSSYMBOLS MKUPACK MORE MOZILLA-STRING POPD
                  POPP PRINT-BUG-REPORT-INFO PRINT-PATHNAME PSWITCH
                  PUSHD PUSHP PWD REPL RESET-CLUSER SHOW UPTIME

It may be possible that not all the interesting information is
available in an implementation.  Specifically, current versions of
clisp lack the documentation strings and description of the arguments
of its primitive functions.  But its DESCRIBE function is able to
instruct your browser to to go the web page where it's documented, in
the CLISP Implementation Notes.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com
From: John Thingstad
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:47:36 +0200, Pascal Bourguignon
<···@informatimago.com> wrote:

> ··············@gmail.com writes:
>
>> how to find functions(primitive) available in clisp.
>>  i am very new to clisp. is there is any command which display
>> all primitives and their structure
>
> Basically, the standard tools for this are (beside APROPOS and DESCRIBE):
>
> LIST-ALL-PACKAGES
> DO-EXTERNAL-SYMBOLS
> FBOUNDP
> BOUNDP
> MACROFUNCTION
> SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P
>
> etc.

Incidentally, is your cvs server of that cite up?
I can't seem to access it. (Unknown host)
cvs.informagio.com

From: Pascal Bourguignon
"John Thingstad" <··············@chello.no> writes:

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 19:47:36 +0200, Pascal Bourguignon
> <···@informatimago.com> wrote:
>
>> ··············@gmail.com writes:
>>
>>> how to find functions(primitive) available in clisp.
>>>  i am very new to clisp. is there is any command which display
>>> all primitives and their structure
>>
>> Basically, the standard tools for this are (beside APROPOS and DESCRIBE):
>>
>> LIST-ALL-PACKAGES
>> DO-EXTERNAL-SYMBOLS
>> FBOUNDP
>> BOUNDP
>> MACROFUNCTION
>> SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P
>>
>> etc.
>
> Incidentally, is your cvs server of that cite up?
> I can't seem to access it. (Unknown host)
> cvs.informagio.com

That would have been cvs.informatimago.com

But no, I've switched over to darcs, and since the server changed last
month, CVS is down.  If you need my home dot-files, I'll have to make
a tarball, since I didn't finish to upgrade them to darcs yet.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com