From: Steffen Panning
Subject: cmucl: posix pause
Hello group,
I'm looking for an equivalent to the posix system call pause for CMUCL.
like pause the function should wait until a signal wakes it up.
I tried to put that question on the cmucl mailing list, but their mail
server sends me an 'user unknown' reply.

thanks for your help

steffen

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: cmucl: posix pause
Steffen Panning <·····@t-online.de> writes:

> Hello group,
> I'm looking for an equivalent to the posix system call pause for CMUCL.
> like pause the function should wait until a signal wakes it up.
> I tried to put that question on the cmucl mailing list, but their mail
> server sends me an 'user unknown' reply.

You can easily call any C function with the ALIEN package.
One trick is that the types are defined in teh C-CALL package:

(alien:alien-funcall (alien:extern-alien "pause" (function c-call:int)))

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__
http://www.informatimago.com
From: Steffen Panning
Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> Steffen Panning <·····@t-online.de> writes:
>
>> Hello group,
>> I'm looking for an equivalent to the posix system call pause for CMUCL.
>> like pause the function should wait until a signal wakes it up.
>> I tried to put that question on the cmucl mailing list, but their mail
>> server sends me an 'user unknown' reply.
>
> You can easily call any C function with the ALIEN package.
> One trick is that the types are defined in teh C-CALL package:
>
> (alien:alien-funcall (alien:extern-alien "pause" (function c-call:int)))

thanks, i will check that.
I expected it in the unix package

greets Steffen
From: Raymond Toy

    Steffen> Hello group,
    Steffen> I'm looking for an equivalent to the posix system call pause for CMUCL.
    Steffen> like pause the function should wait until a signal wakes it up.
    Steffen> I tried to put that question on the cmucl mailing list, but their mail
    Steffen> server sends me an 'user unknown' reply.

Due to excessive spam, the mailing lists are closed.  You need to
subscribe.

Ray
From: Steffen Panning
> Due to excessive spam, the mailing lists are closed.  You need to
> subscribe.
>
> Ray

Hello Ray,

wanted to subscribe. So I sent a mail for help to listar.cons.org as
described here http://www.cons.org/cmucl/support.html

the mail-server replied:

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<······@cons.org>:
host knight.cons.org [212.12.50.230]: 553 5.3.0 <······@cons.org>...
User unknown

greets steffen
From: Raymond Toy

    >> Due to excessive spam, the mailing lists are closed.  You need to
    >> subscribe.
    >> Ray

    Steffen> Hello Ray,

    Steffen> wanted to subscribe. So I sent a mail for help to listar.cons.org as
    Steffen> described here http://www.cons.org/cmucl/support.html

    Steffen> the mail-server replied:

    Steffen> SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<······@cons.org>:
    Steffen> host knight.cons.org [212.12.50.230]: 553 5.3.0
    Steffen> <······@cons.org>... User unknown

I hear that cons.org (and the whole ISP?) is under a DOS attack.  I
think it's being worked on.

Ray