From: Adrian DOZSA
Subject: University research with Lisp
I would like to know some Universities (departments) were research is
done using Lisp and in the following domains:
- programming language design and
- software engineering.
I'm not saying studying Lisp itself, but research using Lisp as an
language/environment.

I know of:
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel - The Programming Technology Lab  (Pascal
Constanza)
- the PLT Scheme group (i know it's Scheme, but anyway...):
Northeastern University, Brown University, University of Chicago and
University of Utah

From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Re: University research with Lisp
Adrian DOZSA wrote:
> I would like to know some Universities (departments) were research is
> done using Lisp and in the following domains:
> - programming language design and
> - software engineering.
> I'm not saying studying Lisp itself, but research using Lisp as an
> language/environment.
>
> I know of:
> - Vrije Universiteit Brussel - The Programming Technology Lab  (Pascal
> Constanza)
> - the PLT Scheme group (i know it's Scheme, but anyway...):
> Northeastern University, Brown University, University of Chicago and
> University of Utah

Off the top of my head, I can think of the following names: Robert
Strandh, Marie Beurton-Aimar, Alexander Repenning, Marco Antoniotti,
Jeff Shrager, the group working on ACL2, Christophe Rhodes, Richard
Gabriel at Sun Research, Stephan Frank, Ralf Moeller, Matthias Hoelzl.

These are "just" Lispers, and the list is very incomplete.

You can track down names and groups via the International Lisp
Conferences and the European Lisp Workshops, for example.

For Scheme, you can probably find links at http://www.schemers.org/

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Thomas F. Burdick

Also Richard Fateman at UC-Berkeley: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~fateman/
From: Stephan Frank
"Thomas F. Burdick" <········@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mar 19, 8:51 pm, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
>> Adrian DOZSA wrote:
>> > I would like to know some Universities (departments) were research is
>> > done using Lisp and in the following domains:
>> > - programming language design and
>> > - software engineering.
>> > I'm not saying studying Lisp itself, but research using Lisp as an
>> > language/environment.
>>
>> > I know of:
>> > - Vrije Universiteit Brussel - The Programming Technology Lab  (Pascal
>> > Constanza)
>> > - the PLT Scheme group (i know it's Scheme, but anyway...):
>> > Northeastern University, Brown University, University of Chicago and
>> > University of Utah
>>
>> Off the top of my head, I can think of the following names: Robert
>> Strandh, Marie Beurton-Aimar, Alexander Repenning, Marco Antoniotti,
>> Jeff Shrager, the group working on ACL2, Christophe Rhodes, Richard
>> Gabriel at Sun Research, Stephan Frank, Ralf Moeller, Matthias Hoelzl.
>
> Also Richard Fateman at UC-Berkeley: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~fateman/

plus Nicolas Neuss, Uni Heidelberg/(Karlsruhe ?): http://www.femlisp.org

also the netclos guys in Hamburg (though I don't how up to date this
information is):

http://kogs.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~hotz/
From: Pierre THIERRY
Le Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:24:56 -0700, Adrian DOZSA a écrit:
> I would like to know some Universities (departments) were research is
> done using Lisp and in the following domains:
> - programming language design and
> - software engineering.

Manuel SERRANO works mostly with Scheme:

http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/Manuel.Serrano/

I find HOP particularily interesting.

Quickly,
Pierre