From: John Thingstad
Subject: cl-php-date initial prerelease
A initial version of cl-date has been released at source-forge.
As the name implies it uses the same format as the date function in PHP.
This is a prerelease.

Example:
;; Prints something like: Monday
(date "l");

;; Prints something like: Monday 15th of August 2005 03:12:46 PM
(date "l dS \\of F Y h:i:s A")

;; use the constants in the format parameter
;;prints something like: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:12:46 UTC
(date DATE-RFC822)

PERQUISITE

* uses ASDF and CFFI

ISSUES
* Works under Windows only.
* the second argument dosn't work properly yet. So it is only reliable for
the
   default which is current time.

When these issues are resolved satisfactory I will make a release version.
In the mean time if someone wants to look at the code or help me out with
a UNIX version
of the source can be accessed with CVS as follows

cvs -z3
····················@cl-php-date.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cl-php-date
co -P cl-date

You can also browse the files at

http://cl-php-date.cvs.sourceforge.net/cl-php-date/cl-date/

for information about me or the project
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cl-php-date

(until I get cl-php-date.sf.net up)

The changes to make it work on UNIX should be fairly minimal.
In the defsystem in date.asd remove replace windows.lisp with unix.lisp
Write the functions in package.lisp (defpackage windows-time..
for UNIX.

get-timezone-name
get-timezone-bias (offset from UTC in minutes. Ex CET gives Bias -60)
get-utc-time

Might change it to use local-time
http://common-lisp.net/project/local-time/
In which case I will just implement it's functionality in windows.
(A bit crippled. get-timezone-information doesn't take into account that
daylight savings can
vary from year to year. There is a function
get-dynamic-timezone-information that works
as under UNIX, but it is only available in Vista)

From: ······@gmail.com
Subject: Re: cl-php-date initial prerelease
On Mar 18, 4:36 pm, "John Thingstad" <··············@chello.no> wrote:
> A initial version of cl-date has been released at source-forge.
> As the name implies it uses the same format as the date function in PHP.
> This is a prerelease.

Wouldn't it be better to name it (and .asd file) something like cl-
date-format?
I for one wouldn't ever guessed from "cl-date" that it is "format as
the date
function in PHP".
From: John Thingstad
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:36:44 +0100, John Thingstad
<··············@chello.no> wrote:

> for information about me or the project
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/cl-php-date
>
> (until I get cl-php-date.sf.net up)