From: ·················@gmail.com
Subject: Please help ASDF-INSTALL on windows
Does anybody knows some simple explanataion how to install asdf-
install or at least asdf
in windows  without cygwin or any linux staff.
I'm using Lispworks Personal 5 and wanna try to make a web app with
(Postgre or Monetcl as db) through cl-sql and hunchetot or KPAX as
server

thanks

From: =?iso-8859-2?B?TWFya28gS29jaeY=?=
Subject: Re: Please help ASDF-INSTALL on windows
On Mar 16, 11:03 am, ·················@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm using Lispworks Personal 5 and wanna try to make a web app with
> (Postgre or Monetcl as db) through cl-sql and hunchetot or KPAX as

What is Monetcl?
From: fireblade
On Mar 16, 1:07 pm, "Marko Kocic" <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 16, 11:03 am, ·················@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I'm using Lispworks Personal 5 and wanna try to make a web app with
> > (Postgre or Monetcl as db) through cl-sql and hunchetot or KPAX as
>
> What is Monetcl?

I belive that's MonetDB ,a column ordered database , very fast as data-
warehouse.
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/
Wal-mart uses something like from www.teradata.com/

Regarding Edi, I'll name my  firstborne after him.

cheers
bobi
From: John Thingstad
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:03:58 +0100, <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anybody knows some simple explanataion how to install asdf-
> install or at least asdf
> in windows  without cygwin or any linux staff.
> I'm using Lispworks Personal 5 and wanna try to make a web app with
> (Postgre or Monetcl as db) through cl-sql and hunchetot or KPAX as
> server
>
> thanks

Sure.. Since you are using LispWorks download Edi's starter pack.
http://weitz.de/starter-pack/

Double click to do the windows installation.
Follow instructions.
That's it. Under Documents and settings/user/Lisp Libraries
you now have a set of libraries.
(You get a selection of libraries to choose from when you start the
installation.
It automatically detects and loads all dependent libraries as well)

Huncentoot is on that list.. So is cl-sql

Better still..
To load from the file menu choose load and go to the Lisp Libraries
directories and select start.
To load a asdl lib at the REPL type , l package-name

To install new libraries just unpack them under Lisp Libraries directory.
The system will detect them automatically.
So to load just follow the procedure above.

(I can't praise Edi enough for this one :) )

From: ·················@gmail.com
Thank you John .
Could anybody suggest  some good  opensource  non-GPL
GUI library working on both Windows and Linux.

I found something called Cello but I can't download it (1)

Pet

BTW
I wonder why does www.common-lisp.net uses python.

(
(1)
Python Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/viewcvs/viewcvs.py", line
3235, in main
    request.run_viewcvs()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/viewcvs/viewcvs.py", line
317, in run_viewcvs
    % self.where, '404 Not Found')
ViewCVSException: 404 Not Found: cell-cultures/utils-kt: unknown
location
)
From: ···············@gmail.com
On 19 Mar, 12:38, ·················@gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you John .
> Could anybody suggest  some good  opensource  non-GPL
> GUI library working on both Windows and Linux.

I can recommend LTk (http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk/). I use it in my
project and that's written on Linux and tested on Windows. I believe
it also works on Macs. It's distributed under the LLGPL.

Phil
http://phil.nullable.eu/