From: gavino
Subject: Paul Graham made 50M using lisp, why not do it again?
Why doesn't Paul G or other lispers make another 50M from lisp?

I hear it rocks and is extremely productive.

From: ······@corporate-world.lisp.de
On 3 Mrz., 00:20, "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why doesn't Paul G or other lispers make another 50M from lisp?
>
> I hear it rocks and is extremely productive.

         \|||/
         (o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please            |
|   don't feed the  |
|     TROLL's !     |
'--------------Ooo--'
        |__|__|
         || ||
        ooO Ooo
From: Vagif Verdi
From: Tim Bradshaw
On 2007-03-02 23:20:46 +0000, "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> said:

> Why doesn't Paul G or other lispers make another 50M from lisp?

May be because they actually didn't make any money at all from Lisp:
they made money by having a very smart idea and implementing it before
anyone else did.

--tim
From: hyperstring.net ltd
On 3 Mar, 12:51, Tim Bradshaw <····@tfeb.org> wrote:
> On 2007-03-02 23:20:46 +0000, "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> said:
>
> > Why doesn't Paul G or other lispers make another 50M from lisp?
>
> May be because they actually didn't make any money at all from Lisp:
> they made money by having a very smart idea and implementing it before
> anyone else did.
>
> --tim

I agree - actually making money from anything involves not only a good
platform but talent to execute a brilliant idea.

I remember reading on one of those Road to Lisp things that one guy
said about startups and the best ones have something a bit different
to offer. At the dawn of the internet it was wonderful to watch three
guys in a garage set up a few servers to do what some big corporation
was doing, better, faster and cheaper! Those days are over now that
the big guys are catching up, but there is still space for the Light
bulb inventors, people who don't listen to "well so and so put 50
million into it and it didn't work".

Paul
hyperstring.net