From: gavino
Subject: Why do #lisp people on freenode leave CLISP out of thier reccomendations?
why?

Plus what is the most decent common lisp webserver out there now?

From: Christopher Browne
Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> why?

Dunno.  I have a warm place in my heart for CLISP, as it's a fair bit
more platform-portable than CMUCL/SBCL.  And I have often found it
quicker, for the set of apps that I have used it with.

> Plus what is the most decent common lisp webserver out there now?

Dunno.  Is there an NC-17 CL webserver out there?
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in name ^ ·@" ^ tld;;
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/rdbms.html
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <························@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>,
 "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> wrote:

> why?
>
> Plus what is the most decent common lisp webserver out there now?

         \|||/
         (o o)
,----ooO--(_)-------.
| Please            |
|   don't feed the  |
|     TROLL's !     |
'--------------Ooo--'
        |__|__|
         || ||
        ooO Ooo
From: gavino
Well

I did see 2 cool things.

PLT scheme and scsh have webservers!

wow.

I saw uncommon web.

I dunno, seems like a pain to setup.

Gak!
From: ············@gmail.com
On Mar 2, 5:43 pm, "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well
>
> I did see 2 cool things.
>
> PLT scheme and scsh have webservers!
>
> wow.
>
> I saw uncommon web.
>
> I dunno, seems like a pain to setup.
>
> Gak!

Try struts.  It's much easier to set up, and apparently the next
version of java (1.7.0) is going to have a full macro system and
sexp's, so lisp will be obviated completely after that.
From: Vagif Verdi
AllegroServe and Hunchentoot are both good web servers that are easy
to install, start, and write web applications.
AllegroServe comes with simple web framework WebActions.
Hunchentoot comes with very simple dispatch mechanism to link URLs to
functions that produce HTML output.
For HTML creation you can use cl-who, a library that allows you to
construct html from lisp, or cl-template a library that can read html
templates.

I'm using hunchentoot, and it is very easy and simple. Good for
beginnners.
Documentation is also good.
From: Pascal Bourguignon
"gavino" <·········@gmail.com> writes:
> why?

Why don't you try clisp, make up your mind about its worth, and start
recommend it yourself on #lisp?

        Un chat errant
se soulage
        dans le jardin d'hiver