From: Texaner
Subject: Question about a SLIME error message
Dear all,

I use CLisp + Slime. I wrote a program that I always compiled with the
command C-c C-k.
I did not work on the program for a while. But now when I try C-c C-k
again I always see the following error message:

Ungültiges Byte #xF6 in CHARSET:ASCII Konversion
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Abort SLIME compilation.
  1: [ABORT-REQUEST] Abort handling SLIME request.
  2: [ABORT] ABORT

Backtrace:
  0: #<COMPILED-FUNCTION COMPILE-FILE>
  1: #<COMPILED-FUNCTION #:|472 482 ...

("ungültig" means not valid)

I pretty sure that I did not change any code piece of the program (at
least not intentional) and I do not know what to do with this error
message.

Please help.

Thank you very much in advance.
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Question about a SLIME error message

http://clisp.cons.org/impnotes/faq.html#faq-enc-err

> [...]
> I pretty sure that I did not change any code piece of the program (at
> least not intentional) and I do not know what to do with this error
> message.
>
> Please help.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.