From: Richard Szopa
Subject: clisp+s-xml-rpc or how to make SBCL's REPL friendly
Hello everyone,

I am having some problems with S-XML-RPC in Clisp. The package loads
fine, the function that starts the XML-RPC server does not complain,
but when I try to make an xml-rpc call I get "Connection refused." In
SBCL the same program works fine.

Has anybody experienced similar problems? Does anybody know how to
make the xml-rpc server work in Clisp?

I am working on a lemmatizer [1] which is queried through XML-RPC by a
Perl program. In order to save the users problems with loading lisp
packages, etc. I want to make an executable image. SBCL's REPL is
extremely unfriendly, however, and I cannot just say "Run it in
Emacs," so I thought Clisp would be a nice alternative... If anybody
could tell me how to make SBCL's REPL similar to the one of Clisp, I
would also be happy.

Cheers and thanks in advance for any answers.

    -- Richard

[1] http://ccl.kuleuven.be/~richard/lemmatizer/

From: vanekl
From: Richard M Kreuter

http://common-lisp.net/project/linedit/
From: Richard Szopa
Thanks to everybody who answered my question. I have looked to
linedit, and it seems to do what I need.

Cheers.

    -- Richard
From: nablaone
On 18 Cze, 02:13, Richard Szopa <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,

Hi Rysiek,

> If anybody
> could tell me how to make SBCL's REPL similar to the one of Clisp, I
> would also be happy.

For all unfriendly readlineless programs I recomend using 'rlwrap'. It
simply removes pain :-)

Rafal Strzalinski
http://nabalone.net
From: Richard Szopa
On Jun 18, 11:00 pm, nablaone <········@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rysiek,

Witaj Rafale :)

> For all unfriendly readlineless programs I recomend using 'rlwrap'. It
> simply removes pain :-)

I've seen rlwrap (it is linked by linedit or sb-readline), but I think
that linedit fits needs best. I want to make things as simple as
possible from the user point of view, and that's why I want to compile
an image instead of having a shell script to load .fasl files (which I
would have if I was to be the end user). Wrapping everything in an
additional level of shell-scripts and environment settings is not
really what I want. I am happy that the users give Lisp a chance, and
making they edit their bashrc files doesn't really help :)

Bests,

    -- Richard
From: Richard Szopa
On Jun 20, 6:08 pm, Richard Szopa <·············@gmail.com> wrote:

> that linedit fits needs best. I want to make things as simple as
                   ^----- my

Also, once again thanks for your suggestion.

    -- Richard