From: Enchanter
Subject: How to override the variable and function in the *.el files?
From: Barry Margolin
In article <························@d30g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
 Enchanter <···············@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using verilog-mode.el. Can I override some variables and
> functions of it in .emacs file. then that will not change these
> variables and functions when I update the verilog-mode.el file?

Emacs Lisp questions are best asked in Emacs newsgroups, such as
comp.emacs or gnu.emacs.help.

But the answer is generally yes.  If you put

(setq <var> <val>)

in your .emacs, it should take precedence over the default settings in
the mode, as they should be declared with defvar, which only sets the
variable if it's not already set.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA