From: Tamas Papp
Subject: getting pointers from clx
I am using clx, and need to call some functions via CFFI which expect
pointers to C structures, namely to Display and Visual structs.  How
can I extract this information from a clx object?

Thanks,

Tamas

From: Zach Beane
Subject: Re: getting pointers from clx
Tamas Papp <······@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using clx, and need to call some functions via CFFI which expect
> pointers to C structures, namely to Display and Visual structs.  How
> can I extract this information from a clx object?

Since CLX objects are not C objects, this will not work. CLX is a
Common Lisp implementation of the X protocol, not a binding to the C X
libraries.

I think CLISP might have a binding for the C xlib, but I'm not sure
any other Lisps have something similar.

Zach
From: Richard M Kreuter
Tamas Papp <······@gmail.com> writes:

> I am using clx, and need to call some functions via CFFI which expect
> pointers to C structures, namely to Display and Visual structs.  How
> can I extract this information from a clx object?

Most CLX implementations are written in Lisp, and use Lisp data
structures to represent X entities.  With these CLX implementations,
there just aren't any underlying C data structures to pass around.  If
you're using such a CLX, you'll probably have to construct your own
foreign structures for Display and Visual objects.

Clisp's new-clx is implemented as a wrapper around C Xlib, however.
It might let you get at pointers to C structures.

--
RmK