From: ·······@eurogaran.com
Subject: ANNOUNCE openmcl-amd64-debian
New pre-release of openmcl for amd64 debianized at http://www.eurogaran.com/downloads/lisp

From: ·······@eurogaran.com
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE openmcl-amd64-debian
On Jun 8, 12:52 am, ·······@eurogaran.com wrote:
> New pre-release of openmcl for amd64 debianized athttp://www.eurogaran.com/downloads/lisp

By the way... if anybody understands spanish and wishes to have a look
at my pretutorial on the same site,any  comments will be welcome.
From: Ralf Mattes
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 15:52:16 -0700, kodifik wrote:

> New pre-release of openmcl for amd64 debianized at http://www.eurogaran.com/downloads/lisp

Thank's for packaging OpenMCL -
there seem to be a few packaging glitches:

 ····@studio-01:~# dpkg -i openmcl_070512_amd64.deb
(Reading database ... 177508 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace openmcl 070512 (using openmcl_070512_amd64.deb) ...
Document `openmcl' is not installed, cannot remove.
Unpacking replacement openmcl ...
Setting up openmcl (070512) ...
rm: cannot remove `/usr/lib/openmcl/*clean': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing openmcl (--install):
 openmcl

doing a:

 ····@studio-01:~# touch /usr/lib/openmcl/\*clean

seems to fix the problem. Looks like you're not building your package on a
build server/clean environment. BTW, are you providing the source package
as well?

 Thanks Ralf Mattes
From: Fred Gilham

> There is one version floating around. But it won't help
> much without docs, sources, etc..
> It is right now not useful for people who are not familiar
> with it. All then one can do is run it, struggle a bit with it
> and then give up. ;-)

How useful would it be to someone who had a copy of the Alpha Open
Genera CD? (Legal, company paid $5000 for it!)

--
Fred Gilham                                  ······@csl.sri.com
Central bankers don't trust each other. They know how easy it is to
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <··············@snapdragon.csl.sri.com>,
 Fred Gilham <······@snapdragon.csl.sri.com> wrote:

> > There is one version floating around. But it won't help
> > much without docs, sources, etc..
> > It is right now not useful for people who are not familiar
> > with it. All then one can do is run it, struggle a bit with it
> > and then give up. ;-)
>
> How useful would it be to someone who had a copy of the Alpha Open
> Genera CD? (Legal, company paid $5000 for it!)

Somewhat useful for experimenting and simple hacking.

You would need some patches with a newer world.

In general the emulator needs improvements and bug fixes.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org