From: anders
Subject: dr Lisp
Hi!
I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL
Works ... but ...

I stumble upon the tool drscheme

"DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
environment for the Scheme.

Tested som stuff and it seems realy nice for people like me trying to
learn a new language,

Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
matter)

Preferad free.

// Anders

From: fireblade
Subject: Re: dr Lisp
On Jun 7, 2:06 pm, anders <················@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL
> Works ... but ...
>
> I stumble upon the tool drscheme
>
> "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
> environment for the Scheme.
>
> Tested som stuff and it seems realy nice for people like me trying to
> learn a new language,
>
> Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
> matter)
>
> Preferad free.
>
> // Anders

For learning purposes you can try lispworks personal
http://www.lispworks.com/downloads/index.html or Allegro Express
http://www.franz.com/downloads/#AllegroCL_Download .
They're both great but you came with some limitations (if my memory
serve me well) :
1. You can't deliver image with them
2. Heap size limit
3. Don't read start up scripts, though there are some workarounds

I think they will suit you just fine for learning lisp(*).

slobodan blazeski

(*) When I say lisp in this group I mean common lisp for all other
purposes I use lisp family of languages.
From: Larry Clapp
On 2007-06-07, fireblade <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2:06 pm, anders <················@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL Works
>> ... but ...
>>
>> I stumble upon the tool drscheme
>>
>> "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
>> environment for the Scheme.
>>
>> Tested som stuff and it seems realy nice for people like me trying to
>> learn a new language,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
>> matter)
>>
>> Preferad free.
>>
>> // Anders
>
> For learning purposes you can try lispworks personal
> http://www.lispworks.com/downloads/index.html or Allegro Express
> http://www.franz.com/downloads/#AllegroCL_Download .
> They're both great but you came with some limitations (if my memory
> serve me well) :
> 1. You can't deliver image with them

Allegro Express will save images, though you're not allowed to deliver
applications.  You can compile your own code and distribute the fasls
without restriction.  (And -- of course -- you can distribute your own
source code under any scheme you like.)

> 2. Heap size limit

Lispworks also has a time limit.

> 3. Don't read start up scripts, though there are some workarounds

Lispworks only.

-- Larry
From: Pillsy
On Jun 7, 10:11 am, Larry Clapp <····@theclapp.org> wrote:
[...]
> Allegro Express will save images, though you're not allowed to
> deliver applications.  You can compile your own code and distribute
> the fasls without restriction.  (And -- of course -- you can
> distribute your own source code under any scheme you like.)

One limitation for Allegro that may be relevant is that the IDE isn't
available on the Mac (yet?). Other than that, if the interest is just
learning CL, I think that either gratis trial edition should be
entirely adequate.

Cheers,
Pillsy
From: ············@gmail.com
On Jun 8, 10:38 pm, Vassil Nikolov <···············@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:10:13 -0700, ·············@gmail.com" <············@gmail.com> said:
>
> | On Jun 8, 2:04 pm, Chun Tian <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
> || On april this year, LispWorks has special offer, and I spent $2500
> || to buy a Enterprise Edition, for personal use. As a common Chinese
> || worker, this means my almost 3 months' salary. Everything is worth.
>
> | I think you've just become Kenny's hero.  Maybe he'll ask to license
> | your post for his sig, switching LispWorks to Allegro
>
>   Chun Tian has at least put the money where the mouth is, and that is
>   commendable.

I'll keep it in mind that it's commendable to buy things. ;), but I'm
pretty sure you missed the point.
From: Ken Tilton
············@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2:04 pm, Chun Tian <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On april this year, LispWorks has special offer, and I spent $2500 to
>>buy a Enterprise Edition,
>>for personal use. As a common Chinese worker, this means my almost 3
>>mouth's salary. Everything is worth.
>>
>>Chun Tian (binghe)
>

> I think you've just become Kenny's hero.

All I was thinking was, "Oh, a /real/ programmer."

kzo
From: Larry Clapp
On 2007-06-08, Chun Tian <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 7, 10:11 pm, Larry Clapp <····@theclapp.org> wrote:
[ Stuff about Lispworks Personal Edition limitations ]

> Thousands of dollars can clear all of these limits (everyone knows).

Yes, I know, I spent them and purchased LW Pro.  Life is good.

-- L
From: Thomas A. Russ
anders <················@gmail.com> writes:

> "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
> environment for the Scheme.
> Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
> matter)
>
> Preferad free.

You could look at LispWorks Personal Edition or the Free version of
Allegro Common Lisp.

From: Peter Hildebrandt
On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 05:06:23 -0700, anders <················@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi!
> I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL
> Works ... but ...
>
> I stumble upon the tool drscheme
>
> "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
> environment for the Scheme.
>
> Tested som stuff and it seems realy nice for people like me trying to
> learn a new language,
>
> Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
> matter)

You might like the cusp plugin [1] for the eclipse ide [2].

HTH,
Peter

[1] http://www.paragent.com/lisp/cusp/cusp.htm
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/

From: Ken Tilton
anders wrote:
> Hi!
> I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL
> Works ... but ...

Allow me to just say thank you so much for driving this dagger into the
heart of those yobbo fsw idiots who think they are losing less than
about five grand a year with their "free" Lisp platforms, yet I must
also thank them for doing so much to keep Lisp unapproachable. You can
really be proud of your IDE engineering.. PWWUAUAUAAHAHAHAUAUAUAAHAA...
sorry I almost finished that with a straight face.

> I stumble upon the tool drscheme

"stumble" is precisely the right word. You might want to get some ice on
that toe.

> "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
> environment for the Scheme.

<click> Oh, sorry, that sounded like a bad telemarketing call.

> Tested som stuff and it seems realy nice for people like me trying to
> learn a new language,

Define "people like me".

> Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
> matter)
>
> Preferad free.

Do what everyone else does, write your own implementation of your own
language. <Maybe he won't come back.>

Ba-dum-bum. I'll be here all week.

hth.kt
From: anders
> "stumble" is precisely the right word. You might want to get some ice on
> that toe.

I have a hard time find out if you are making joke about me trying to
ask
a question or.. anyway if this kind of writing makes you happy fine
for
me, i have seen a lot of this kind in other areas, but normaly not in
LISP forum before.

Your text give me the feeling you are adressing a kid, and you are not
not even a beginner in development i have over 20 years, the only
reason for asking (myby stupid to you) question) is becurse i like to
learn LISP in my speartime and se if it can be used i future projekt.

> > "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
> > environment for the Scheme.
>
> <click> Oh, sorry, that sounded like a bad telemarketing call.

Hmm telemarketing use to call,,, att least in Sweden.
But ok, the text was cut from there webbpage, i am not markerting
Scheme, i like to learn LISP but i liked there enviroment for
quick test while reading, my way of learning.

> Define "people like me".
New to the language, and Emacs, (sorry i should pointed this out)

> Do what everyone else does, write your own implementation of your own
> language. <Maybe he won't come back.>

I am here, and no i will not write my own language the language i use
att work and home (C and Java) works fine for now.
Why.. becurse it not in my area of intresst.

> Ba-dum-bum. I'll be here all week.
:) don't get stuck inte the computer.

And tanks everyone, so far Emacs and SLIME works best
I will load CUSP into ECLIPS for a try next week.
From: fireblade
On Jun 8, 9:35 am, anders <················@gmail.com> wrote:
> > "stumble" is precisely the right word. You might want to get some ice on
> > that toe.
>
> I have a hard time find out if you are making joke about me trying to
> ask
> a question or.. anyway if this kind of writing makes you happy fine
> for
> me, i have seen a lot of this kind in other areas, but normaly not in
> LISP forum before.
>
> Your text give me the feeling you are adressing a kid, and you are not
> not even a beginner in development i have over 20 years, the only
> reason for asking (myby stupid to you) question) is becurse i like to
> learn LISP in my speartime and se if it can be used i future projekt.
>

> > > "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
> > > environment for the Scheme.
>
> > <click> Oh, sorry, that sounded like a bad telemarketing call.
>
> Hmm telemarketing use to call,,, att least in Sweden.
> But ok, the text was cut from there webbpage, i am not markerting
> Scheme, i like to learn LISP but i liked there enviroment for
> quick test while reading, my way of learning.
>
> > Define "people like me".
>
> New to the language, and Emacs, (sorry i should pointed this out)
>

> > Do what everyone else does, write your own implementation of your own
> > language. <Maybe he won't come back.>
>
> I am here, and no i will not write my own language the language i use
> att work and home (C and Java) works fine for now.
> Why.. becurse it not in my area of intresst.
>

> > Ba-dum-bum. I'll be here all week.
>
> :) don't get stuck inte the computer.
>
> And tanks everyone, so far Emacs and SLIME works best
> I will load CUSP into ECLIPS for a try next week.

Kenny is trying to be a devil here but he can't scare nobody except
the newbies, &rest knows that he has a good heart. So pay attention
what he is saying not how he's saying that. Beside he's an author of
Cells http://common-lisp.net/project/cells/ . If CLOS (Common Lisp
Object system) teaches you how the OOP should be done, the right way ,
unlike with inferior languages like java,C#, C++ etc. Cells adds
steroids to the power of CLOS making working with other OO languages
painfull.Imagine being stuck with family caravan after career racing
with formula 1.

But be aware !!! You might get addicted. Don't say  that we didn't
warn you.After lisp you will hardly find anything to surprise you. Are
you ready to take this final step. Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

Slobodan Blazeski
From: Andreas Davour
anders <················@gmail.com> writes:

>> "stumble" is precisely the right word. You might want to get some ice on
>> that toe.
>
> I have a hard time find out if you are making joke about me trying to
> ask a question or.. anyway if this kind of writing makes you happy
> fine for me, i have seen a lot of this kind in other areas, but
> normaly not in LISP forum before.
>
> Your text give me the feeling you are adressing a kid, and you are not
> not even a beginner in development i have over 20 years, the only
> reason for asking (myby stupid to you) question) is becurse i like to
> learn LISP in my speartime and se if it can be used i future projekt.

I've lurked here for a few years, and c.l.l is a place best served to a
customer with thick skin. There are kindness and knowledge here, but
sometimes it's wrapped in odd packages.

Good luck with the lisp learning, btw. I'm another Swedish lisp
newbie. Are you aware of the Swedish lisp mailinglist?

/andreas

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
From: fireblade
On Jun 8, 7:55 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> anders wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL
> > Works ... but ...
>
> Allow me to just say thank you so much for driving this dagger into the
> heart of those yobbo fsw idiots who think they are losing less than
> about five grand a year with their "free" Lisp platforms, yet I must
> also thank them for doing so much to keep Lisp unapproachable. You can
> really be proud of your IDE engineering.. PWWUAUAUAAHAHAHAUAUAUAAHAA...
> sorry I almost finished that with a straight face.
>

> > I stumble upon the tool drscheme
>
> "stumble" is precisely the right word. You might want to get some ice on
> that toe.
>

> > "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
> > environment for the Scheme.
>
> <click> Oh, sorry, that sounded like a bad telemarketing call.
>

> > Tested som stuff and it seems realy nice for people like me trying to
> > learn a new language,
>
> Define "people like me".
>

> > Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
> > matter)
>
> > Preferad free.
>
> Do what everyone else does, write your own implementation of your own
> language. <Maybe he won't come back.>
>
> Ba-dum-bum. I'll be here all week.
>
> hth.kt

On Jun 8, 7:55 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> anders wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL
> > Works ... but ...
>
> Allow me to just say thank you so much for driving this dagger into the
> heart of those yobbo fsw idiots who think they are losing less than
> about five grand a year with their "free" Lisp platforms, yet I must
> also thank them for doing so much to keep Lisp unapproachable. You can
> really be proud of your IDE engineering.. PWWUAUAUAAHAHAHAUAUAUAAHAA...
> sorry I almost finished that with a straight face.

If those yobbo fsw idiots weren't pushing on the vendors I doubt
they'll offer even trial editions.

> > I stumble upon the tool drscheme
>
> "stumble" is precisely the right word. You might want to get some ice on
> that toe.
>

> > "DrScheme is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming
> > environment for the Scheme.
>
> <click> Oh, sorry, that sounded like a bad telemarketing call.
>

> > Tested som stuff and it seems realy nice for people like me trying to
> > learn a new language,
>
> Define "people like me".

I don't know for sure but I guess someone who coded only on windows,
probably with something like Visual Studio and prefers drag & drop
style designer style. So now you're offering those silly almost
terminal like thing called listener. He thinks wow those common lisp
folks are probably stil in the dark age of computing aka 50s. Then he
sees nicy free Dr Scheme  with all its drums and bells and decide to
go to the dark side.

> > Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
> > matter)
>
> > Preferad free.
>
> Do what everyone else does, write your own implementation of your own
> language. <Maybe he won't come back.>

Maybe he'll  stay.

From: anders

> If those yobbo fsw idiots weren't pushing on the vendors I doubt
> they'll offer even trial editions.
>
> I don't know for sure but I guess someone who coded only on windows,
> probably with something like Visual Studio and prefers drag & drop
> style designer style. So now you're offering those silly almost
> terminal like thing called listener. He thinks wow those common lisp
> folks are probably stil in the dark age of computing aka 50s. Then he
> sees nicy free Dr Scheme  with all its drums and bells and decide to
> go to the dark side.

> Maybe he'll  stay.

Hmm maby i have stept som som foot here.
if so i am sorry, i running EMACS SLIME AND SBCL(om MAC) AND CLISP om
Windows

It works fine,
I have tested Allergro but in MAC version nu Editor etc.
I have tested LispWorks for me noting

I Was looking for something to to test stuff while learning LISP
without
a lot of stuff around.
I can jusr CLISP, on commadline okej,

I Am learning, and maby both Allergro and LispWorks i great stuff but
not
to my current use.

Hmmm maby have to learn Emacs and SLIME seems to end there anyway.

// Anders
From: ············@gmail.com
On Jun 8, 11:04 pm, Raffael Cavallaro <················@pas-d'espam-
s'il-vous-plait-mac.com> wrote:
> On 2007-06-08 19:59:39 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
> <············@gmail.com> said:
>
> > Like every other editor/IDE on the planet, but does it let you
> > configure it in a modal way?
>
> It's a Common Lisp IDE, so it has editor commands for editing lisp.
>
> If by `modal' you mean "can one use it to auto-indent and syntax
> highlight c (for example) out of the box?" then, no.
>
> If by `modal' you mean "can one configure it to switch between emacs
> and vi keybindings with one keystroke," yes, but you'd have to write
> the vi keybindings - most lisp programmers don't use common lisp with
> vi or vi keybindings ;^)

Most programmers don't use vi or vi keybindings.  I assumed it was
possible to write a vi "plugin" for Lispworks, but that wasn't what I
was asking.
From: Raffael Cavallaro
On 2007-06-09 00:48:13 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
<············@gmail.com> said:

> I assumed it was
> possible to write a vi "plugin" for Lispworks, but that wasn't what I
> was asking.

No, you don't write a "plugin." You just write some ordinary common
lisp code which binds existing editor functions, or combinations
thereof, to keystrokes. This gets loaded whenever the IDE starts along
withe rest of your init file.
From: ············@gmail.com
On Jun 9, 1:19 am, Raffael Cavallaro <················@pas-d'espam-
s'il-vous-plait-mac.com> wrote:
> On 2007-06-09 00:48:13 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
> <············@gmail.com> said:
>
> > I assumed it was
> > possible to write a vi "plugin" for Lispworks, but that wasn't what I
> > was asking.
>
> No, you don't write a "plugin." You just write some ordinary common
> lisp code which binds existing editor functions, or combinations
> thereof, to keystrokes. This gets loaded whenever the IDE starts along
> withe rest of your init file.

vi is modal, so there's some more work there that you probably don't
realize. I'm assuming it can be done, but that's not what I was asking.
From: Raffael Cavallaro
On 2007-06-09 03:03:09 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
<············@gmail.com> said:

> vi is modal, so there's some more work there that you probably don't
> realize.

Meaning you'd have write functions that swapped keybinding sets (a.k.a.
"modes"), and assign these keybindings as well - still just some common
lisp code.

> I'm assuming it can be done, but that's not what I was asking.

Still not really clear what you *are* asking.
From: ············@gmail.com
On Jun 10, 2:03 am, Raffael Cavallaro <················@pas-d'espam-
s'il-vous-plait-mac.com> wrote:
> On 2007-06-09 03:03:09 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
> <············@gmail.com> said:
>
> > vi is modal, so there's some more work there that you probably don't
> > realize.
>
> Meaning you'd have write functions that swapped keybinding sets (a.k.a.
> "modes"), and assign these keybindings as well - still just some common
> lisp code.

I didn't think that it was going to be Pascal code.

> > I'm assuming it can be done, but that's not what I was asking.
>
> Still not really clear what you *are* asking.

My first post on this thread was the question, and pretty much
answered, even though people want to go ahead and tell me what is
*possible* instead of what is.
From: Raffael Cavallaro
On 2007-06-10 22:36:57 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
<············@gmail.com> said:

> My first post on this thread was the question, and pretty much
> answered, even though people want to go ahead and tell me what is
> *possible* instead of what is.

Your first post:

> Where's the VI keybindings for LispWorks or Allegro?

Answer: You have to write them. The point you keep resisting is that
doing so would be pretty easy - if you'd spent as much time writing
them as you have writing posts in this thread you'd be a good way
toward finished already. IOW, the hard part of a lisp editor is the
funtionality that navigates around sexps, makes selections, copies,
cuts, pastes, enters keystrokes literally at point, etc. All of this is
already written. You just need to bind this functionality to keystrokes
of your choice. Below are links to the editor command reference section
of the editor users guide. It's simply a matter of writing a bunch of
editor:defcommand  and editor:bind-key forms to associate functionality
to keys (including of course an editor:defcommand form that swaps whole
groups of keybindings in and out in order to switch modes).

Mac OS X
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw50/EDUG-M/html/eduser-m-33.htm#pgfId-883820

Linux

and FreeBSD
http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw50/EDUG-U/html/eduser-u-33.htm#pgfId-883820

Windows

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw50/EDUG-W/html/eduser-w-33.htm#pgfId-883820
From: ············@gmail.com
On Jun 11, 12:20 am, Raffael Cavallaro <················@pas-d'espam-
s'il-vous-plait-mac.com> wrote:
> On 2007-06-10 22:36:57 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
> <············@gmail.com> said:
>
> > My first post on this thread was the question, and pretty much
> > answered, even though people want to go ahead and tell me what is
> > *possible* instead of what is.
>
> Your first post:
>
> > Where's the VI keybindings for LispWorks or Allegro?
>
> Answer: You have to write them. The point you keep resisting is that
> doing so would be pretty easy

I didn't resist that doing so would be so easy.

> if you'd spent as much time writing
> them as you have writing posts in this thread you'd be a good way
> toward finished already.

Thanks for informing me that I could write them, but again, that's not
what I was asking.

 IOW, the hard part of a lisp editor is the
> funtionality that navigates around sexps, makes selections, copies,
> cuts, pastes, enters keystrokes literally at point, etc. All of this is
> already written. You just need to bind this functionality to keystrokes
> of your choice. Below are links to the editor command reference section
> of the editor users guide. It's simply a matter of writing a bunch of
> editor:defcommand  and editor:bind-key forms to associate functionality
> to keys (including of course an editor:defcommand form that swaps whole
> groups of keybindings in and out in order to switch modes).

And again, I didn't ask if it was possible or how to do it.
From: Raffael Cavallaro
On 2007-06-11 03:23:48 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
<············@gmail.com> said:

> And again, I didn't ask if it was possible or how to do it.

Right, you just asked for someone else to have already done the work for you.
From: ············@gmail.com
On Jun 11, 8:25 am, Raffael Cavallaro <················@pas-d'espam-
s'il-vous-plait-mac.com> wrote:
> On 2007-06-11 03:23:48 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
> <············@gmail.com> said:
>
> > And again, I didn't ask if it was possible or how to do it.
>
> Right, you just asked for someone else to have already done the work for you.

You're catching on.  Yes, in the world there are these things called
products and services that people purchase.
From: Raffael Cavallaro
On 2007-06-11 12:49:16 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
<············@gmail.com> said:

> You're catching on.  Yes, in the world there are these things called
> products and services that people purchase.

But the product you want - vi bindings for LispWorks - doesn't exist as
you yourself point out, so you can either write it yourself, or pay
someone to do it for you.
From: ············@gmail.com
On Jun 11, 1:32 pm, Raffael Cavallaro <················@pas-d'espam-
s'il-vous-plait-mac.com> wrote:
> On 2007-06-11 12:49:16 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
> <············@gmail.com> said:
>
> > You're catching on.  Yes, in the world there are these things called
> > products and services that people purchase.
>
> But the product you want - vi bindings for LispWorks - doesn't exist as
> you yourself point out, so you can either write it yourself, or pay
> someone to do it for you.

Thanks Capt. Obvious, but I didn't point that out, I asked where they
are.  Thanks for the links though, that might be an interesting
project if I have the time and/or inclination.
From: Raffael Cavallaro
On 2007-06-11 17:07:59 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
<············@gmail.com> said:

> Thanks Capt. Obvious, but I didn't point that out, I asked where they
> are.

Looked rhetorical to me.

>  Thanks for the links though, that might be an interesting
> project if I have the time and/or inclination.

btw the editor source code is included with lispworks as well which
makes it even easier to extend - you don't have to rely on the
documentation alone.
From: ············@gmail.com
On Jun 12, 1:03 am, Raffael Cavallaro <················@pas-d'espam-
s'il-vous-plait-mac.com> wrote:
> On 2007-06-11 17:07:59 -0400, ·············@gmail.com"
> <············@gmail.com> said:
>
> > Thanks Capt. Obvious, but I didn't point that out, I asked where they
> > are.
>
> Looked rhetorical to me.

Semi-rhetorical.  I was hoping that there was something out there I
was unaware of.

> >  Thanks for the links though, that might be an interesting
> > project if I have the time and/or inclination.
>
> btw the editor source code is included with lispworks as well which
> makes it even easier to extend - you don't have to rely on the
> documentation alone.

Nice.  I might have to take a look at that.
From: Alain Picard
Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> writes:

> I had used SLIME extensively for quite some time before I tried the
> LispWorks IDE in earnest and it took me several attempts until I
> finally switched.  I haven't looked back since.

As someone who spends 40 hrs a week using lispworks via SLIME,
I'd be MOST interested if you could spare 5 minutes to elaborate
on what made you "not look back".  I actually start the podium,
once in a while, specially when I want to use the live process browser,
but that's about it.   What am I missing?

                 thanks
                                --ap

--
Please read about why Top Posting
is evil at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

Please read about why HTML in email is evil at: http://www.birdhouse.org/etc/evilmail.html
From: ···············@gmail.com
anders wrote:
> Hi!
> I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL
> Works ... but ...
>
> I stumble upon the tool drscheme
> Does anyone know of a simalary tool for LISP (CLISP.SBCL dosent
> matter)
> Preferad free.

I've been working for a while on ABLE which was originally inspired by
DrScheme but for CL programmers. It's free, it works with CLisp and
SBCL (and probably others) and it's quite easy to use. It's nowhere
near as professional as DrScheme (which I think is a brilliant
program) but there are a couple of things which IMHO are already
nicer.

You can download the current version 0.2 from here: http://phil.nullable.eu/
but if you don't mind living on the edge, I can email you the current
dev build which has quite nice code completion and the usual bug fixes
(and probably new bugs...).

--
Phil
http://phil.nullable.eu/
From: ···············@gmail.com
On Jun 8, 2:07 pm, ···············@gmail.com wrote:
> anders wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I hacking and learning LISP by using Emacs, Slime and SBCL
> > Works ... but ...
>
> > I stumble upon the tool drscheme

> I've been working for a while on ABLE which was originally inspired by
> DrScheme but for CL programmers. It's free, it works with CLisp and
> SBCL (and probably others) and it's quite easy to use. It's nowhere
> near as professional as DrScheme (which I think is a brilliant
> program) but there are a couple of things which IMHO are already
> nicer.

I doubt anyone's interested but I've fixed Anders up with the latest
build of ABLE and he's hopefully now on his "Road To Lisp". So I'll
let you get back to your configurable Vi key-bindings in LispWorks
argument...

Phil