From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: "$" as character in symbol names in SBCL?
SBCL seems to be handling the "$" character in symbol names a funny
way.

CL-USER> 'a$b
$B
CL-USER> 'a$

[debugger message:
end of file on #<SB-IMPL::STRING-INPUT-STREAM {11BD3AD9}>
   [Condition of type END-OF-FILE]
]

But the hyperspec says "$" is perfectly valid in symbol names:

http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/sec_2-3-4.html

Is this an SBCL bug?  Or did I fubar my reader somehow?

Thanks!
 -jimbo
From: Vassil Nikolov
Subject: Re: "$" as character in symbol names in SBCL?
On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:43:09 -0700, ········@gmail.com said:

| SBCL seems to be handling the "$" character in symbol names a funny
| way.
| CL-USER> 'a$b
| $B
| CL-USER> 'a$
| [debugger message:
| end of file on #<SB-IMPL::STRING-INPUT-STREAM {11BD3AD9}>
|    [Condition of type END-OF-FILE]
| ]
| But the hyperspec says "$" is perfectly valid in symbol names:
| http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/sec_2-3-4.html
| Is this an SBCL bug?  Or did I fubar my reader somehow?

  In the spirit of "learning how to fish", evaluate
  (GET-MACRO-CHARACTER #\$).

  ---Vassil.

--
The truly good code is the obviously correct code.