From: Trastabuga
Subject: How to split a stream?
I have a function that takes a stream as an input parameter. This
function uses it to write some content to it like strings and
sequences. I'd like to debug the function so I'd like to split the
stream so the same content would be written to the *standard-output*.
Which functions should I use in this case?

Thank you,
Andrew

From: Geoffrey Summerhayes
Subject: Re: How to split a stream?
On Jun 6, 2:25 pm, Trastabuga <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a function that takes a stream as an input parameter. This
> function uses it to write some content to it like strings and
> sequences. I'd like to debug the function so I'd like to split the
> stream so the same content would be written to the *standard-output*.
> Which functions should I use in this case?

MAKE-BROADCAST-STREAM

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_mk_bro.htm#make-broadcast-stream

---
Geoff
From: Zach Beane
Trastabuga <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a function that takes a stream as an input parameter. This
> function uses it to write some content to it like strings and
> sequences. I'd like to debug the function so I'd like to split the
> stream so the same content would be written to the *standard-output*.
> Which functions should I use in this case?

MAKE-BROADCAST-STREAM should do the trick here.

Zach