From: Raffael Cavallaro
Subject: familiarity /= superiority
Can't help but think that this applies to infix/prefix and operator
precedence/full parenthesisation:

<http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070605-product-loyalty-consumers-mistake-familiarity-with-superiority.html>

From: Larry Clapp
Subject: Re: familiarity /= superiority
On 2007-06-06, Raffael Cavallaro <················@pas-d'espam-s'il-vous-plait-mac.com> wrote:
> Can't help but think that this applies to infix/prefix and operator
> precedence/full parenthesisation:
>
> http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070605-product-loyalty-consumers-mistake-familiarity-with-superiority.html

And Vim vs Emacs, and Windows vs Linux vs Mac, and Lisp vs everything.
:)

Thanks for the link.
From: Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
And now that Safari was released for Windows, you can see another
example of familiarity /= superiority: The Mac vs Windows font rendering.

Since I've bought Mac I've got used to the more smoothness of it's
rendering, but seeing Safari on Windows made me realize, that I was not
accustomed of seeing such rendering on Windows (if you can understand
me). I'm accustomed of seeing Windows rendering on Windows.... Ah, well
you can get accustomed to anything. It just takes time.