From: anders
Subject: Re: Beginners questions
On 1 Juni, 16:21, Daniel Leidisch <····@leidisch.net> wrote:
> Thus spoke anders <················@gmail.com>:
>
> > 1. Witch GUI stuff is easyest and support both MAC/Intel and Windows
>
> A web frontend would be both an easy and portable GUI solution.
>
> Regards,
>
> dhl

I like that ide, any framework to rekommende, or just send HTML to
screen..
(Sorry stupid question but iam new to this,
Have hacked Java with GUI include before )
// Anders

From: Rob Warnock
anders <················@gmail.com> wrote:
+---------------
| Daniel Leidisch <····@leidisch.net> wrote:
| > A web frontend would be both an easy and portable GUI solution.
|
| I like that ide, any framework to rekommende, or just send HTML to
| screen..
+---------------

<http://www.cliki.net/web> list *many* good web-related packages.
At the very minimum I would recommend using one of the HTML-generating
macro packages such as HTOUT or CL-WHO to do the generation of
your HTML for you, e.g.:

    > (with-output-to-string (s)
	(with-html-output (s s)
	  (:html
	    (:head (:title "Small Test Page"))
	    (lfd)
	    ((:body :bgcolor "#ffffff")
	      (lfd)
	      (:h1 "My First Small Page")
	      "Some plain text here" :br :br (lfd)
	      "Some numbers:"
	      (loop for i below 5 do
		(htm (fmt " ~d" i)))
	      (lfd)
	      (:h3 "That's all, folks!!")
	      "Bye, bye..."))))

    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Small Test Page</TITLE></HEAD>
    <BODY BGCOLOR='#ffffff'>
    <H1>My First Small Page</H1>Some plain text here<BR><BR>
    Some numbers: 0 1 2 3 4
    <H3>That's all, folks!!</H3>Bye, bye...</BODY></HTML>"

For some larger examples:

    http://rpw3.org/hacks/lisp/minimal.lhp
    http://rpw3.org/hacks/lisp/appsrv-demo.lhp

-Rob

p.s. The "LHP" infrastructure used in the above examples
is not (yet) available, but is somewhat similar to these,
which you may want to study [especially the first one]:

    http://www.cliki.net/cl-modlisp
    http://www.cliki.net/araneida

Also see this tutorial:

    http://www.cliki.net/A%20Short%20web%20application%20tutorial

-----
Rob Warnock			<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Daniel Leidisch
Thus spoke Rob Warnock <····@rpw3.org>:
> anders <················@gmail.com> wrote:
> +---------------
> | Daniel Leidisch <····@leidisch.net> wrote:
> | > A web frontend would be both an easy and portable GUI solution.
> |
> | I like that ide, any framework to rekommende, or just send HTML to
> | screen..
> +---------------
>
> <http://www.cliki.net/web> list *many* good web-related packages.
> At the very minimum I would recommend using one of the HTML-generating
> macro packages such as HTOUT or CL-WHO to do the generation of
> your HTML for you, e.g.:

I second that. Edi Weitz's CL-WHO is an easy to use and useful
tool for html-generation. As mentioned, Cliki lists quite a few
projects under "net software" which might be of interest, but
as yet I have only worked with CL-WHO and a few cgi functions
I wrote myself. Maybe you'll get some more tips from the more
experienced Lispers on this NG.

Regards,

dhl

From: fireblade
On Jun 3, 10:56 pm, anders <················@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 Juni, 16:21, Daniel Leidisch <····@leidisch.net> wrote:
>
> > Thus spoke anders <················@gmail.com>:
>
> > > 1. Witch GUI stuff is easyest and support both MAC/Intel and Windows
>
> > A web frontend would be both an easy and portable GUI solution.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > dhl
>
> I like that ide, any framework to rekommende, or just send HTML to
> screen..
> (Sorry stupid question but iam new to this,
> Have hacked Java with GUI include before )
> // Anders

Yes and later you can trivially make it client-server if you like.
Hunchentoot and CL-WHO are probably easiest solution for you .So you
wont need to install any other lib but your lisp image.