From: Michael Bohn
Subject: CLISP and GUI developement
Hi Lispers,

has anybody some experience with GUI development in CLISP?
Any recommendations (needs not to be platform independent)?

I tried:
- JFLI (too much LispWorks stuff)
- Simple Qt (alpha status)
- TK binding (ugly)

Michael

From: Daniel Leidisch
Subject: Re: CLISP and GUI developement
Michael Bohn <············@gmx.de> writes:

> - TK binding (ugly)

Tile[1] looks a lot better, IMHO, but I don't know if it already works
with LTK.

Regards,

dhl

[1] http://tktable.sourceforge.net/tile/index.html
From: msingh
From: Daniel Leidisch
msingh <··········@gmail.com> writes:

> I am curious about Tile. From what I have seen, isn't it a seperate
> set of widgets rather a theming facility? The latter would be more
> useful.

Tile is a theming engine, and it also adds some new widgets. I don't
know that much about it, since I just had a look at it about one year
ago, when I was playing around with the Ruby Tk-bindings. I was
disappointed by the TK-look and tried Tile, which looked a *lot*
better to me. In Ruby, I just had to add two or three lines to my code
in order to use it. I don't know if it's that easy with LTK, since I
haven't used it till now. Maybe the ltk-user list is a better place to
ask about it.

I hope I won't get stoned or worse for my mentioning of the ineffable
inferior scripting language. Forgive me for I did not know what I was
doing. May I be spared from St. Kennys furious anger.

Regards,

dhl
From: David Golden
From: Adam
Cl-fltk  ?

Sadly seems to have stalled since 2006.
From: Mike G.
On Jul 30, 4:54 pm, Michael Bohn <············@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Lispers,
>
> has anybody some experience with GUI development in CLISP?
> Any recommendations (needs not to be platform independent)?
>
> I tried:
> - JFLI (too much LispWorks stuff)
> - Simple Qt (alpha status)
> - TK binding (ugly)
>
> Michael

I'm quite happy using LTK. It is quite portable. I've been able to
move LTK-based code between Linux/CMUCL, FreeBSD/SBCL and Windows/
Cygwin/CLisp with no changes.