From: daBittweiler
Subject: installing eclipse wm with sbcl 1.0.1
I been reading the README and the manual that came along with eclipse-
cvs.

I notice that GNOME/KDE is optional everything compiled fine. clx,
asdf, and eclipse.  but now I'm stuck on how to actually start up the
wm.  Do I just add the eclipse.core file to the .xinitrc.  the
documents didn't really say how for SBCL.

From: David Lichteblau
Subject: Re: installing eclipse wm with sbcl 1.0.1
(Shameless clbuild advertisement:)

On 2007-07-30, daBittweiler <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> I notice that GNOME/KDE is optional everything compiled fine. clx,
> asdf, and eclipse.  but now I'm stuck on how to actually start up the
> wm.  Do I just add the eclipse.core file to the .xinitrc.  the
> documents didn't really say how for SBCL.

  - Start "Xnest :1" and "xterm -display :1" for testing purposes.

  - Get clbuild and run it without arguments to get the interactive menu.

  - Select "dumpcore" and wait.

  - Select "eclipse" and enter :1 as the display to use.

For non-interactive use, run "clbuild eclipse :0".
From: daBittweiler
On Jul 30, 6:14 am, David Lichteblau <···········@lichteblau.com>
wrote:
> (Shameless clbuild advertisement:)
>
> On 2007-07-30, daBittweiler <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I notice that GNOME/KDE is optional everything compiled fine. clx,
> > asdf, and eclipse.  but now I'm stuck on how to actually start up the
> > wm.  Do I just add the eclipse.core file to the .xinitrc.  the
> > documents didn't really say how for SBCL.
>
>   - Start "Xnest :1" and "xterm -display :1" for testing purposes.
>
>   - Get clbuild and run it without arguments to get the interactive menu.
>
>   - Select "dumpcore" and wait.
>
>   - Select "eclipse" and enter :1 as the display to use.
>
> For non-interactive use, run "clbuild eclipse :0".

running this from ksh shell.
$bash ./clbuild
readlink: unknown option -- f
usage: readlink [-n] [file . . .]

clbuild doesn't work here with NetBSD 3.0  is there another way to
start eclipse manually
From: David Lichteblau
On 2007-07-30, daBittweiler <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> running this from ksh shell.
> $bash ./clbuild
> readlink: unknown option -- f
> usage: readlink [-n] [file . . .]

So -f is a GNU extension which NetBSD does not support.

> clbuild doesn't work here with NetBSD 3.0  is there another way to
> start eclipse manually

Sure.  Grep for eclipse in the shell script and run the lisp forms
manually.
From: daBittweiler
On Jul 30, 8:15 am, David Lichteblau <···········@lichteblau.com>
wrote:

> Sure.  Grep for eclipse in the shell script and run the lisp forms
> manually.

Hey David there is no asd file within the eclipse directory to use:
sbcl --eval "(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :eclipse)

am I missing something?
From: daBittweiler
On Jul 30, 9:28 am, daBittweiler <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 8:15 am, David Lichteblau <···········@lichteblau.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Sure.  Grep for eclipse in the shell script and run the lisp forms
> > manually.
>
> Hey David there is no asd file within the eclipse directory to use:
> sbcl --eval "(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :eclipse)
>
> am I missing something?

sorry for double posting.
sbcl --eval "(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :eclipse)"

(xlib::just-say-lisp) ;;demo runs fine from clx after asdf-install.

after cvsing eclipse I did
$cd eclipse
$./configure
$make
$make install

everything install fine and I have a eclipse.core file within the
eclipse directory.  This is where I'm stuck at.
From: daBittweiler
On Jul 30, 9:35 am, daBittweiler <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 30, 9:28 am, daBittweiler <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 30, 8:15 am, David Lichteblau <···········@lichteblau.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > > Sure.  Grep for eclipse in the shell script and run the lisp forms
> > > manually.
>
> > Hey David there is no asd file within the eclipse directory to use:
> > sbcl --eval "(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :eclipse)
>
> > am I missing something?
>
> sorry for double posting.
> sbcl --eval "(asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :eclipse)"
>
> (xlib::just-say-lisp) ;;demo runs fine from clx after asdf-install.
>
> after cvsing eclipse I did
> $cd eclipse
> $./configure
> $make
> $make install
>
> everything install fine and I have a eclipse.core file within the
> eclipse directory.  This is where I'm stuck at.

silly me, all I need to do was run the eclipse command.   Guess, I'd
better install gnome-control-center or at least find a $HOME/.eclipse
that I can use.  Thanks David
From: ·····@yahoo.com
On Jul 30, 9:15 am, David Lichteblau <···········@lichteblau.com>
wrote:
> On 2007-07-30, daBittweiler <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > readlink: unknown option -- f
> > usage: readlink [-n] [file . . .]
>
> So -f is a GNU extension which NetBSD does not support.
Darwin (OS/X) does not either.

Does stat on Linux or other *nix support -f?

clbuild.conf for OpenMCL - I had to comment out USER_INIT=/dev/null
since --userinit is for SBCL?

and what is -o on uname? I guess it does not matter if
it fails, if it is only being used to detect 'Cygwin'.

-

clbuild seems a bit better structured now, if curl
(out-of-the-box with Darwin) can be cleanly switched
in get_tarball(), would that be a worthy enhancement?