From: anders
Subject: erase files from LISP
Hi!

After reading and watch the beginners tutorial from www.franz.com
i what to make som program with lisp.

I have today a catalog where i have a batchscript erasing every match
for *.temp
I know batchscript with 1 line, is probly the best, but i like to
write a LISP version.

The problem is that no documentation i have found tell mig how to
erase files.

I have found som about (directory) and i have seen that it can giv men
a catalog with
files... that a maby can use a erase on ?.

Does somone point me in corrent direction, where to found about
this....
(i use CLISP/Windows and SBCL/Macintosh OS/X  if this matter...)

// Anders

From: Ralf Mattes
Subject: Re: erase files from LISP
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 02:55:20 -0700, anders wrote:

> Hi!
>
> After reading and watch the beginners tutorial from www.franz.com
> i what to make som program with lisp.
>
> I have today a catalog where i have a batchscript erasing every match
> for *.temp
> I know batchscript with 1 line, is probly the best, but i like to
> write a LISP version.
>
> The problem is that no documentation i have found tell mig how to
> erase files.
>
> I have found som about (directory) and i have seen that it can giv men
> a catalog with
> files... that a maby can use a erase on ?.
>
> Does somone point me in corrent direction, where to found about
> this....
> (i use CLISP/Windows and SBCL/Macintosh OS/X  if this matter...)

You seem to be looking for 'delete-file'.

Have a look at the HyperSpec for the gory details.

 HTH Ralf Mattes

From: Rainer Joswig
In article <························@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
 anders <················@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> After reading and watch the beginners tutorial from www.franz.com
> i what to make som program with lisp.
>
> I have today a catalog where i have a batchscript erasing every match
> for *.temp
> I know batchscript with 1 line, is probly the best, but i like to
> write a LISP version.
>
> The problem is that no documentation i have found tell mig how to
> erase files.

You want to delete a file?

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Front/Contents.htm

Chapter 20.2, delete-file